quick question

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
What can constant headaches and burly vision mean?

Comments

• high blood pressure is one possibility..... i had it with my last 2 pregnancies.
  • I got a lot of headaches, and my doctor says its the hormones. But no blurry vision. Call your OB office nurse advice line because that worries me. Good luck hun.
  • She wants me to go to l&d and then sai make an appointment for next week if they don't keep you like there's a chance I'll be kept?? I'm worried! @tishj330 @snowflake
  • They'll probaly do a 24 hr urine collection to check for preeclampsia
  • I spent a week in the hospital bc of this, they run lots of tests,.. thank god everything was okay. Try to relax its probably best to be in the hospital to be closely monitored, I'm sure you're in good hands :)
  • I'm gonna agree with @snowflake about the bp. I'm sorry hun, but if they need to keep you to monitor your bp, then just be prepared to stay a bit. Good luck sweetie. Always better safe than sorry. I'm sending prayers!!!
  • Oh gosh! Just from headaches and burly vision? @lily_glz
  • depending on how bad it is if it is high then yes its possible they will keep you. mine got so bad with my last i ended up with a emergency c-section the same day i was sent to the hospital. do you have a way to check it?
  • high blood pressure or preeclamptic, low or high blood sugar
  • Yea it is scarry but u need to go in
  • Thanks, let me gets some stuff so I wont be bored. @tishj330
  • Ive been saying I'm ready for him to get out but now I just terrified. I know I should go but not ready :-( @momof22be @snowflake no I don't.
  • you should definately get it checked out just in case that is what is going on,it can be dangerous to you and baby if not took care of. good luck
  • @yaya yes for nonstop headaches, tylenol wouldn't even touch them! I also had blurry vision and racing heart beat. Oh I also had a fever on and off.. I'm sure they'll wanna check for preeclampsia my dr kept me at the hospital for it and also it was mostly bc the fever would come bck (had to be 24hrs fever free to go home) sorry I scared you! But yea be prepared to at least stay overnight.
  • Gooooooo!
  • What if the headache goes away? Am I still at risk? @lily_glz @snowflake
  • hard to tell. how long have you had one? when i went through that last time,i had a headache for 2 days straight and nothing at all would ease it. so i went in to my primary dr just to check and they sent me straight to hospital.
  • Since Sunday and I went to my Dr Tuesday had an appointment and she wants me to go to l&d. But there's no protein in my urine and my bp was okay she said. @snowflake
  • you should go just to be sure. i had just been to my dr the tuesday before it happened to me and it was friday when i was sent in. it may not be your bp but you definately want to rule it out and make sure nothing else is going on.
  • Okay.
  • Apart from preeclampsia it could be some kind of infection especially if u have a fever. But u can have an infection w/out a fever. Go in and get checked out. Keep us posted hun and gl to u.
  • Well now I don't have a ride my stupid bf decided he wanted to leave in "my" car and take the keys to the other car with him as well. So either I'll be going in later on tonight or tomorrow morning. Now I'm getting really nervous.

And I don't ans haven't had a fever either.
    @kingsmama @snowflake @lily_glz @qweennique @momof22be @tishj330
  • Um I'd call him and say u need to go to the ER now! What if u go into labor...I'd be pissed. If not call a friend or family member & there's always 911.
  • I've called and texted him. All my family is on vacation. I'm nervous but at the sane time just feel like its only a mind blowing headache (lol jk) but I want him to be there I don't want to be there alone I'm sure he'll call me back asap. (I hope)
  • Blow up his phone lol. Leave msg after msg too lol.
  • I'm sure he will too but just so u know Hun u don't have to have a fever to have high bp or the preeclampsia I really hope u don't have it but understand not wanting to go Alpine I hope he calls or comes to get u soon lay down in the dark
  • @kingsmama @momof22be he's on his way now, I'm laying in bed waiting. Now I'm feeling a little breathless?? Its like symptoms pop up and go away.
  • Good :) make sure to tell the ER drs every symptom u have been having so they can treat u better. Keep me posted hun. Get better too!
  • Did you go to the doctors yet??? I really hope everything is okkay!!! Don't be nervous you'll be well taken care of :)