what should i pack in the hospital bag..?

edited July 2011 in Labor
I know this has been asked before but my search tool is frustrating me and isn't giving me what I want lol! What items do I need to bring to the hospital when I go in to labor? I have Lillys diaper bag ready to go (thanks ladies for your help with that also) but now its time to get mine ready. Shaun will be the only person with me (he's my husband) and this is our first baby. So confused! Thanks for any input :)

Comments

• Night gown a couple
    Snacks
    Phone charger
    nursing bras if your nursing
    Nursing pads
    Lots of comfy underwear
    pads
    PJ's for hubby
    Medical record if never been there.
    Hard candy
    Laptop DVDs
    List of ppl to call

Brain freeze I'll post more.
  • @yaya thanks! Can I bring a blanket too for comfort after baby comes and I'm recovering? I'm so new to this lol but thank you for the help :)
    @mama2be11_4_11 I'm not really sure but I saw one momma on here say to treat every day after 36 weeks like it will be the day you go in to labor. Have meals ready, carseat installed and be ready to go. I'm 35 weeks but I think she will be on her way soon so I'm getting prepared. I'm due 9-6 but I just have a feeling it will be the last week in aug. Hopefully I don't jynx us lol!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes you can. You honestly can bring just about anything you want. And don't worry I'm a ftm too.
  • Oh
    Outfits to wear home
    Toiletries
    Make up for pics
    Camera for lots pics and that charger

• I'm 34 weeks and I'm starting to pack my bag this weekend and finish by the time I'm 36 weeks.
    I'm packing:
    Mom:
    Chapstick
    Fuzzy / warm socks
    PJ's/night gowns (easy for breastfeeding)
    Toiletries (for me and daddy)
    nursing pads
    Nursing bras
    nipple cream
    Underwear
    Overnight pads
    Hair stuff
    makeup
    Phone/charger
    Camera/charger
    Laptop/charger
    Going home outfit
    Hard candy
    Pillows
    back massager

Baby:
    Take home outfit (my hospital provides all other clothes)
    Socks/handmittens
    Blanket (cutesy for pics)
    Car seat
    Baby book
    Boppy
    Headbands (for pics)

Daddy:
    Lounge clothes
    underwear
    Socks
    snacks
    Drinks
    Phone/charger
  • @mshahir thanks!change and a couple bucks is prolly a good idea, I didn't think about that but I'm sure he'll get hungery so that way he can hit up the vending machines ;) this is prolly dumb but he will be able to sleep in the same room with baby and me, right? On a cot or couch or something..?
    @yaya ok..thank you :) cute pic..when are you due?
  • Your welcome and thank you. I'm due in 26days. (Forever!) Lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @cait_septembermommy baby book..I didn't think about that either! Thank you! Also sounds like the conscensus is to bring chargers for all the electronics as well. Thank you :)
  • @momtob you're welcome! I really wanted to bring mine because they'll stamp your baby's footprint in it! You're due 9-6 too?
  • @cait_septembermommy I sure am! Congrates to you..9-6 seems like a great bday!
  • @momtob it sure is! Although I don't think ill make it to then.
  • Just pack what you really need. Your list sounds fine. When i had my son i way over packed and ended up overwhelmed with stuff to bring back home between what the hospital gave us and the gifts from visitors
  • sorry for the length but this is my list.
    HOSPITAL BAG: Checklist

Mommy
    chapstick
    slipper socks
    socks
    pjs- nightgown, front button ups
    slippers
    toothbrush
    toothpaste
    lotion
    body wash
    deodorant
    nursing pads
    lansinoh
    nursing bras
    underwear
    pads
    brush, comb
    hair ties
    **phone charger**
    *camera
    shampoo, conditioner
    tennis shoes
    black work out pants, tshirt
    medicine

Baby
    take home/ picture outfit
    socks
    diapers
    wipes
    blankets
    car seat
    hat
    burp cloths
    onesie
    baby book (foot/hand prints)

Daddy
    shirt
    undershirt Computer
    pants computer charger
    socks phone charger
    deodorant
    toothbrush
    medicine
    boxers
  • You beat me to that question now I know what to go buy. Thanks
  • oh dang I got to get started on mine! I've been so busy with moving and remodeling that I totally forgot to pack a bag (and I'm going into csection in 4 days!!) thanks for posting this up hun...now where is my bag!?
  • @mybabyuno..hope this helps!
  • This Helps Alot :) When Did Everone Pack Their Bag?
  • I have not packed my bag yet I'm trying to wait and see wat I get after my babyshower to put in my bag for the baby
    I have to go shopping for myself and get my things and I have to do my oldest daughters school shopping too
  • Saving this as well :)