Midwife?!? how offen do you see them?

This is going to sound really odd but how ofen has everyone els seen there midwife?? i'm 22 weeks pregnant and the only time i've seen my midwife was at my Booking appointment so i've only seen her the once she left me no number for her and she wasnt even for this aria! i'm very confussed and so was the doctor i had to go and see late lastnight for abdominal cramps was also very confussed! am i ment to be doing anything?? xox

Comments

• Everyone I know who has used a midwife and if I had been using one would be seen once a month like those who see obs . and then bumped to the two weeks and then one week towarss the end..
  • oh i see! well since i found out i was pregnant at 4 weeks i've had 1 booking appointment and 2 scans and i've never seen my midwife since the book appointment :(
  • I see mine every month
  • I seen mine once a month but now I see her every 2 weeks
  • I only saw mine once the whole pregnancy, and I don't even remember seeing her. I just remember her name being on an appointment card a long time ago. Anyway, she delivered my baby! She was great for the few minutes I saw her in the delivery room (I only pushed 4 minutes). :)
  • I'm from UK seen my midwife at 9 weeks (booking appointment) 16/17 weeks 25wks, 28, 31, 34, 36, 38, 40, 41 and 42 if you go over
  • Well i'm really confused, i dont even know how to ring her or them, ive been told if anything bad happens i can phone the hossie but what if i just want advice on something?? i h8 living hear everything was so much better were i used to live this didnt happen last time! :-/ xx
  • Yeah I am same as @SamiUK so far. I would talk to your doctor as even if its not your first you should be seen more than that. So far I done 9 weeks, 12 weeks (hosp midwife after scan), 16 weeks, 24 weeks and I'm seeing them next week at 28 weeks