My Doctor Said . . . =/

Im 4'11 and before i was pregnant i only was 88lbs . now im 6 months and im 101lbs. My doctor said if my baby girl is over 5lbs then i cant deliver her vaginal , this is so upsetting ! but he is willing to allow me to attempt . Have any one else ever had this said to them ? Also mama kat just got my account back up and running ! i missed you guys sooooooooooo much !!

Comments

• Wow nevr heard that one I'm 4'11 an was 103 wen I got pregnant wit my first my baby was 7 lbs 4 oz . We asked my Dr at first an he sed I've seen very small women have babies jus fine sumtimes easier then bigger women . Im on my 3rd baby an have them jus fine vaginally.
  • I hope your able to deliver vaginally !!!
  • I will def try pushing first , im so scared of a c section it doesnt make any sense. but my mom is 4'11 and she had all 4 of us by c section .
  • thanks hunny ! me too its my first baby , and i want 4 ppl in the room , but if i have a c section i wont be able to . only my boyfriend @Mybabe
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My mom is 4'11 same size as me an she had to have c section wit her 2 but I have them jus fine vaginally think it jus depends on the person.
  • yeah he is a really good doctor , and really has my best interest in mind . but yess , i will try =] . do the babies have to be 6lbs or more to come home ? @gatorbob
  • i really hope so , this means alot to me , pushing her out , plus a faster recovery , @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well my mom didn't have a c section cuz she couldn't push she had to have one cuz she stop dialating after 3. An me im totally diff my labor wit my last was 6 hours an I had her out in 3 pushes she was 6 lbs 10oz. So try not to stress on it :)
  • My MIL is 4'9" and delivered my husband vaginally and he was over 10lbs! If you really don't want a c-section, I would get a second opinion.
  • @cute_pebbles.....I'm also 4'11 and my docs said noooo way to a vaginal birth! I am 34 wks and my son is already at 6lbs 4oz. They said I would have a difficult time trying to push a big baby out being that I am small framed. Don't feel bad hun.
  • I'm 4'11 and I've delivered a 6.13 and a 7.6 this one is bigger so I'm hoping I can deliver ger vag too
  • @miaradavis , dang , =/ ! would it hurt me or put the baby in stress if i tried to push ? and im small framed too .
  • My best friend is 4'10" and has had csection with all three... said her pwlvic area wasn't big enough to accomidate baby! Im 5'7" and dr said im having a csection cuz our dude is gonna be over 9 lbs and said he us measuring too big and doesn't feel I can deliver his shoulders
  • @camommy so you did deliver yur 6 pound baby vaginally ?
  • @augustbaby yeah my pelvis is small . but im nt big at all being 6 months pregnant and my bby isnt that big cause im such a small mama . so me being small and her being a small baby still wouldnt help?
  • I'm 5'1 and my doctor explained it more as the size of my pelvis than my height, but being short means your pelvis is usually smaller. This isn't true in all women, but maybe thats the issue instead of height. I have a pretty small pelvis and they don't want the baby to get too big to avoid an emergency c section
  • When I was pregnant with my first like you I was 4'11 87lbs and I was unable to deliver my daughter vaginally I went into labor contractions and all and it just couldn't happen
  • that will probably be the way it go for me @texasbeauty2787 how many pounds was your baby girl?
  • @AKmommy when are you due? =)
  • She was 7'11. 21 inches
  • Why is it that doctors say that petite women can deliver vaginally?
  • I would be cautious; lots of docs seem to look for any exuse to do c-sections. It's faster for them and pays more by insurance. Certainly if it's the only option for safe, healthy delivery then you should take it, but I'm curious about your baby daddy's stature. Normally, nature makes sure the baby fits the mama by opening your hips/pelvis and molding/positioning the baby to fit down the birth canal. You might research the best positions for laboring that open the pelvis (squatting instead of laying flat, for example). If it helps, my 4'11 grandmother birthed ten 7 & 8 pound children naturally at home. My 4'11 cousin - 3 vaginally. I'm barely 5' and have no worries, but we'll see! Good luck! ;-)
  • Kinda the same thing my Dr told me..since I'm short..everyone says its all crap though..but I'm scared!
  • @firsttimer im scared to ! im giving it a try regardless though. lol and @Ourlittlenugget im trying to , thanks you gave me some confidence !
  • I am 5 ft nothing and very small framed. I had all my kids vaginally. My oldest was 6 lbs 7 oz middle 7lbs 11oz and youngest 5lbs 13oz. So small women can deliver bigger babies. I dont know how big this boy will be but even if hes ten lbs im pushing him out no csection for me.
  • It just depends...everyone is built different! My mom had me naturally. She's 5'1" and I was 9 lbs 11 oz...but her pelvic area had spread n hips did.....mine haven't and dr said I have a slightly crooked pelvic bone...they are trying to avoid an emergency csection
  • Im 4"11 also. My doctor said if my baby is close to 8lbs she would do a csection. Not cause of my height just cause of my pelvis being so small. I want a vaginally delivery and she said she will let me try and csection will be the last option. My mom is 4"11 and had 3 of us vaginally. I was the smallest at 7lb 4oz. My brother was the biggest at 8lb 8oz. She also didnt have no drugs. I believe its possible :)