She said shes not.....

edited July 2011 in Loss
My mom said shes not a grandma!! :( I lost my second baby in Febuary (she doesnt know about the first) and she was all excited (after the disappointment) and said she hoped it was a girl and everything.... Now just a few days ago she said she wasnt a grandma!! My heart sank.... that just hurt so much :(

Comments

• I am sorry hon!! :O(
  • @Surprise_Due8_28 Thank You....even my little sister was like yes you are!
  • Maybe it is hard for her to tell people she is a grandma cause then she would have to explain everything. Before our son was born I said I didnt have any kids even though I had 2 previous. I placed one for adoption and the other was early at 32 weeks and died at 2 days. People grieve in different ways
  • Wow we lost our babies within 3 months of each other. :O(
  • Wow, I can't believe she would say that to you. :-(
  • @Surprise_Due8_28 She told me that since I had a miscarriage it didnt count.... :( And Im sorry for your loss... maybe our babies are playing together. :)
  • @ExcitedforOctober Me either! :( She was talking to my aunts bf and said shes not a grandma and doesnt plan to be for a while if ever and I was like excuse me!?
  • Sad! The rest of that comment is even worse!
  • @Surprise_Due_ I know...I was like whatever mom... and then I told my bf and hes like well you know we could change that very soon....
  • dang that's pretty harsh. im sorry sweetie
  • @survivormommie3 Thank You, sometimes I wonder what goes on in my moms head....

• I'm sorry your mom feels that way. We lost our son a year ago at 32 weeks he was a still born. When ppl ask me and my husbands how many kids we have he says two for our living children because he doesn't want to have to explain it makes him said but .makes me said like my son we lost is forgotten.
  • @debs that's how I feel. My sons birthday was yesterday and even though I had talked about it and talked about it only me and my dh remembered. My sister even called me an lectured me about being too sensative and how I should feel in my current pregnancy. I was so mad. My biggest fear is that I will forget their birthday or something important later.

My mom says she's a grandma but she has said some terrible things to me about my losses over the past 1.5 years. People who have not suffered loss and even some who have can be pretty mean without realizing it.
  • @ll10 my husbands family didn't call or anything. My family wrote on ny sons obituary wall that they paid to never have taken down a always read the comments and candles ppl lite for him. My parents were very understanding about my last pregnancy and me being scared. But others didn't understand so felt like I couldn't talk to anyone. My husbands step mom told me after month of losing our son that I need to get over it and move on. Our new baby only my husbands dad came to see him after he was almost week old