sushi

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
The last thing I want to do is grind anyone's gears but my doc said sushi is fine....and I've had it quite a few times from a place I love and trust......so good and Zola loves it too!! Gonna wrap my lips around some in a few minutes.....why take the risk? Because life is risky ;-).

Comments

• I miss sushi! Not much longer and I will eat it for a week straight ;-)
  • Ive eatwn it throughout my pregg..i get cali rolls..its fake crab..theres alot others u cab have also..
  • edited July 2011
    I'm demanding sashimi as my frist baby free meal. If I lived by a fish market I never would have stopped eating it but I'm in Kansas. . .
  • My favorite quote a woman posted on here was... I asked my doctor if I could eat sushi he said well are thee pregnant women in japan?! So there's ur answer! Where I live ever gas station even has sushi made fresh every day so it's tempting. And there r sushi places everywhere!
  • I still eat sushi! I just get the ones with cooked crab or shrimp because that's perfectly fine.
  • I don't mind cooked sushi but real raw sushi is what I'm waiting for! On my list to eat after baby is...sushi, a medium rare steak, oysters & a pina colada!!
  • Ya I eat the cooked stuff but I am waiting until after the baby to eat the good stuff! I am going to wait until I have a lot of breast milk pumped and my hubby and I are going out for blueberry saki and some yummy sushi!
  • Mmmm sushi. Ive been eating it, a couple of times a month. I get the cooked or veggie ones
  • They are really strict here. I am 25%japanese and i have some craving for jap. food especially sushi. But doctors here in Australia would tell you not to eat many things. Hubby started to be so protective about food and even driving now is an issue.. i just dont want to argue so im just waiting for baby to come and hubby agrees that my first meal after deliver would be sushi! Im deprived from eating many kinds of food for almost 38 weeks now lol.
  • I just had sushi about an hour ago and it was great I am 34weeks!
  • Sushi is fine...they just want u stay away from the ones with raw fish on it
  • Raw fish will not hurt u depending on how fresh it is. Like here in hawaii we get same day caught fish sushi. If I lived in like kansas or something I wouldn't eat it cause it wouldn't be nearly as fresh. It's all about the freshness when it comma down to food!
  • Lol @mandac10 I'm in hawaii and I'm bad..the docs say no raw fish but its always around and sometimes I sneak a bite.
  • I ate it threw my whole pregnacy even the good stuff and m r steak mmmmm it was so good every time to and i dnt feel bad at all
  • @mandac10 oahu, pearl city. U?
  • @myHEARTZx3 Oahu wahiawa schofield to be exact. Ur like 20 minutes from me >:D<
  • @mandac10 & @myheartzx3 Have either of you eaten at Tadashi in Pearl City? It's my fav!
  • Is that the japanese buffet?
  • @mandac10 yeah :) I like being in pearl city because I'm 20 minutes or less away from everything lol

@misskristin is that the one in pearl kai shopping center? I think I seen commercials but no I haven't
  • Is that the mall with the bed bath and beyond next to it anthem that place is accrost re street from there?
  • Pearl ridge is the big mall by bed bath&beyond but pearl kai is across from the mall lol... Across from bed bath&beyond there is makino chaya which is a japanese buffet...i don't really like but there. Todais is my fave sushi.and seafood buffet

@mandac10
  • Oooo! How much is that buffet?
  • I know I have no place on this thread, cuz my only comment is EWWW SUSHI! Lol. I've never liked the stuff, or even the thought of it. xP lol. But I don't hold it against you mommas that want to eat it. I just don't like it. :) lol
  • @mandac10 its 30$ and u eat free if its ur birthday! Lol they have a guy making fresh handrolls and everything is fresher there. Lots of hot food too. Its on waikiki tho. But I had bad experiences with all the makino chayas I been too..all three locations had flies and fruit flies buzzing around the food. Nasty.
  • First roll I'm getting is a tuna roll. I miss tuna. Its one of the highest on the mercury lists so blah
  • @myHEARTZx3 rather have flies then roaches! Lol on this island u gotta watch out! I havnt been to a buffet in over a year... and that was back in Ohio! I love the food here though. We don't have anything like the food here back in Ohio. Im scared of zippys though.. don't look right to me! And I hate mexcan food on the island... its bland or had a hawaiian twist n I hate that! I want simple authentic mexican food dang it!
  • And I am now eating sushi! Made my husband go get me some!
  • @Cantunez2028 @mandac10 @everyone it was delicious and raw! I'm glad some of you ladies are still enjoying sushi even if it is cooked!
  • I ate it during my pregnancy! Just occasionally, usually cooked, and we live on the water.