Wipes
Carseat
Crib
Stroller
Bedding(sheets)
Receving blankets
Bottles
Blankets

My mother inlaw says she has the following for me but I'm not believing it until I see it.
Pack n play
Crib from 1988 which I doubt I'm going to use
Toddler bed
Dresser
Rocking chair
I think that's it.

Oh one more question can I throw my own baby shower I doubt my friends are going to throw me one. And I really could use one mainly for diapers. Is that out of the norm for the me to throw my own baby shower. I know if my mom was still alive she would throw me one.

Comments

• Personally I would get a new crib lol. My mom had one from 2005 but it was the drop side crib my niece and nephew used it but I bought my own. And you can throw your own baby shower lots of people do it!
  • It's not out of the norm for you to throw one, but if your family and friends are more traditional, you might have your mil "host" it, since hosting your own is a little tacky. (It's becoming more the norm, though).

Definitely don't plan to use your mil's crib. Current safety standards are much stricter now and it probably doesn't meet regulations.

The only thing I see missing from your list is a sling or carrier, I couldn't have made it through my daughter's first 6 months without one! Also, you should go through the clothes and make sure you have enough sleepers and onesies in 0 to 3 and 3 to 6 months. I have boxes of baby clothes from my daughter, but when I sorted them, I realized I had nothing left from 0 to 3 months.
  • Throw your own! :) I'm throwing my own. I'm asking my mil and sil to help and some of my family. But I'm throwing it :) hubby is helping
  • sounds like a great start that should get you through the first few months and some of it beyond.. also i found a bassinett is so usefull for the first few months and you can get one for as low as 40$ no sense in paying a ton for something you will only use for a few months.. i loved my bassinet for the living room.. and crib for room at night.. cause when they are new your going to want them close.. the whole time..
  • oh yeah.. i would deffinatly throw your own and try to get friends to help.. and family.. so its not all on you.. like mabey designate one friend to do the games.. and one a main dish and one for desert.. cause seriously if they cant do that .. then they are not good friends.. i come from a poor family so thats how we roll.. lol.. we just split things up.. good luck.. ;;)
  • I'm planning my own and it will be at my house but the invitation says that our parents are "hosting" it. I don't trust anyone else to plan an event for me.
  • if u go to the target registry it gives you suggested items.
    as for a crib, yes its best you get your own.... my son was born in 2006 and his crib was recalled in 2009. so this baby will have her all new crib :)
  • Skip the receiving blankets and ask for swaddling blankets. They're made of the same fabric, just bigger/better for swaddling.
  • edited July 2011
    thank y'all one more question when should I throw my baby shower I'm due oct 31st
    @Newmomma15
    @laura536
    @babynumber02
    @lae3
    @blueberrysmom
    @survivormommie3
    @math_mommy
  • Sept some time.. Thats wen im doin mine im due oct 21
  • I think 5 weeks before or sooner. You want to have time to organize stuff. Fall clothes are in stores now, so anytime really.
  • I had mine at 36 weeks last time and that was perfect.
  • @lae3 thats the best time of year to have a b-day (mine is 10/20). Here in mi, its always peak fall color!
  • Thank you @math_mommy @laura536 @lae3 . I have no clue what I would do if there wasn't pregly.
  • Also, idk whether you plan to breatfeed or formula feed but:

For breastfeeding: a boppy & extra covers, a nursing stool, a pump

For formula feeding: advent makes this bottle warmer thing that my friend found very useful

Also, if you dont have a dishwasher, you'll need a bottle sterilizer (i use mine instead of the dishwasher for my pump attachments, cuz they dry faster).
  • I'm planning on breastfeeding thank you def put that on my list @math_mommy
  • I'm due November 8th. Shower is September 10. That would work for you, too.
  • I'm thinking sept 24th @ blueberrysmom
  • @math_mommy my first son was born nov 14
  • im due oct 24th & having mine sept 4th labor day sunday so it dosent have to take up ppls whole weekend my invites just got finished :)