bad friend??????

edited July 2011 in Baby showers
Today is one of my friends showers she due 6 days before me. She came to my shower 3 wks ago and is super excited about today as its her 1st baby. I bought her gifts and have been very supportive through everything. However, I'm just not feeling like going to her shower....does this make me a bad Person? Friend? BTW I'm 34 wks pregnant and do not even feel like getting out if bed!

Comments

• Honestly I would try and at least make an appearance. I understand you don't feel.up to it but she will.probably be hurt....
  • I don't think it makes you a bad person/friend, its understandable. But I also think if you should try really hard to be there for her. There have been plenty of things/commitments I've made that I've later regretted and didn't want to do, but since I had agreed to it I have to force myself to do it. Once I go I am usually glad I do. Also, if you are feeling bad or its too hot you can always leave early and have a good excuse :)
  • Yeah I would go even if its for just a little bit I know I would be hurt
  • Yea I agree w/ @jess510 try to make an appearance, show ur face, jus later tell her u r feeling super tired n would like some rest
  • I def agree with jess510,esp since she came to yours, she may not have felt like it either...but atleast show ur face stay a bit and then tell her ur notfeeling well & u will call her later.but it doesn't make u a bad friend @ all. Hang in there mama!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks ladies. I'm getting up! :'(
  • Yeah just go and if youre still feeling bad at least you showed and they will see it. Look at it like this we feel bad through out our whole pregnancies so I doubt she wouldnt be hurt
  • When you get there possibly lay down in her room or someones room drink plenty of water before you leave
  • Yeah. You need to go. It'll probably be fun once you get there. Good luck!
  • How'd it go? did you go?
  • I did go, it wasn't bad just really really hot in her house. She was happy I was there.
    @samiUk
  • Aww good :) yeah its really hot atm here to its 1.45am and I'm wide awake reading a book cos to hot to sleep! lol
  • @singlemomofsoontobe3 what a good friend you are! My shower is this Saturday I getting so excited I actually thought if my pregnant friend comes then I have to go to her shower and buy her something. So I didn't invite her now that's a bad friend.