a Baby Father with NO Priorities

I'm so damn disappointed and upset i'm writing this with tears in my eyes. I just want the best for my baby and I feel like it will never happen if I have to rely on him. I see yall women on here writing about how your BDs and BFs work extra hours and extra jobs so that you all can have a family that has what it needs. Him? He TALKS about what he wants to do, and it SOUNDS so nice, but it's so rare to see it happen. It's always, "I'm gonna request more hours at work." Monday, he's at work, Tuesday he is home, Wednesday he is at work and Thursday-Friday he is here. What can he expect to make on a check from 3 days of work AND child support deductions? I get hardly any financial help from my mother and he is all I have right now until I can secure a job after my baby's here. Before all this, I worked my ass off at BOA and made damn good money, I never had to ask anyone for SHIT. My credit score was on point, i could shop whenever I wanted, fill my tank, do my hair, nails, pay for us to go to hotels and whatever the hell else I wanted. I bought make up from Neiman Marcus, Make Up Forever, MAC and wherever else, i probably have damn near a thousand $s worth of crap that I paid with no ones assistance. I NEVER asked for his money, I only gave because it felt good. I bought him clothes, shoes, whatever the hell he needed, even if he didn't ask me to. Whenever we went out and I bought an outfit, I got him something too so we both would go out looking good. Im not selffish but I know how to spend my money. I'd never spend my money to the bone on something that wasn't necessary and be broke till my next check. HIM? Na, not him. Apparently weed comes before everything these days. I dont have a damn problem with him smoking the shit, but wtf r u spending the LITTLE bit of money youre making on that when we havent even secured how we're buying OUR baby half of the things he needs! My baby has yet to have his stroller and carseat and im 33 weeks pregnant. Car needs gas, the fridge needs food, credit card bills need to be paid but somehow $40-60 on weed somehow drops into that equation? WTF? I dont give a damn how much stress he THINKS he's under, go take a damn walk. All he is doing is making someone else richer while he has shit to his name and my fuckin baby will have to struggle and turn me into a damn beggar when his parents should be providing. I cant wait to be able to work so I can have my own and not be dependent on his ass. He gives it to me when I need it, but there would be so much more to work with if he quit spending the damn money on dumb shit. It might only be 40 damn dollars but that money could have bought my baby diapers, or socks or his mittens, or some clothes or some damn bottles or be set aside for his circumcision. I'm tired of talking to him because it falls on a deaf ass ear. I cant wait to be independent again and not rely on anyone for a damn thing when it comes to my finances. Im tired of this shit.

Comments

• Girl my bd is almost the same way, but he's on probation and can't smoke weed so he buys spice, which I hate! He makes shit for money and doesn't buy his son anything.. I'm working in fast food trying to support all of us but he doesn't think it's good enough and I need a better job when I'm making twice as much money as him! I know exactly how you feel and it's bull shit, I hope things get better for you!
  • The only advice I can give u is to not stress for the good of your baby and just pray about and do what ur heart is telling u is right for u and the baby and if u have already have had a heart to heart with him and he still doesn't understand where you are coming from then I wouldn't not put up with that kinda of shit because the man is the main provider of the house and he should naturely wanna step up and care for u and the family
  • @pawgio
    I hope it gets better for the both of us... He will buy for the baby BUT he's spends money on something that I dont think is necessary... I just dont get it. idk
  • I don't get it either, you have a child on the way and you're buying drugs, alcohol, concert tickets and all sorts of stupid shit you can't afford.. my bd told me he's not a dad yet because the baby isn't actually here, smdh then who's his father right now because i'd like to meet him maybe he'll buy him what he needs!
  • @pawgio
    EXACTLY! Idk why he doesnt understand. He has 2 kids already so he KNOWS how it is to take care of a child, I wouldve expected something better but looking back on it all, i wouldnt be in this situation. I wouldnt be pregant. i'd be in school and working like it was before all this. I just cant wait to be able to provide again. I dont like relying on him. I shouldnt have to worry about money and its my own damn fault but im still pissed.
  • @k_babic0 it's not your fault you fell for an idiot, I did it too lol. I don't rely on my bd at all even when he tells me he'll do something I know he probably won't, so I don't even bother getting my hopes up anymore, too much work being disappointed!
  • @pawgio
    i wish he really was completely shitty so i could just wipe my hands clean of him. Outside of finaces, he's everything i want to be with. We had a few hiccups BUT i just never thought this was any part of his character.. i guess i really dont know who the hell im with anymore. It never bothered me before because i had no one invested in him. But now... im just so lost i dont even feel like im making any sense. Our babies need the best and i just dont know why the fathers SAY they know but never ACT like they know it. I just wanna crawl under a rock
  • @jules
    I wouldve thought that would become his mentality but clearly not. Now i just feel backed in a corner with little to no options..
  • Yep :-\ I thought I had the perfect man but he has one huge flaw that drives me crazy. Sometimes I wish things had never gone this far so I wouldn't feel like such a mess
  • @pawgio
    I feel the same way.. and time just keeps rolling on. can't rewind as much as I say it and dream about it. I love my baby so much but I just wish it didn't happen now... I can't be what he needs and its killing me. I can't even buy him a onsie. wat kind of mother am I.
  • Ya sometimes I feel like I should get out now.. but then it was all for nothing and I owe it to my baby to try and let hin grow up with both of his parents. You'll struggle for awhile but when you can go back to work you'll be able to give him everything he needs! I know it's hard depending on other people when you're so used to taking care of yourself your own way, but it can't always be like that :-(
  • OMG do we have the same BS's?! My BD has a problem too, only its not just weed its blow too. Plus he doesn't have anything to do with her, he acts like he wanna be part of her life but only so he can try to be with me cuz he had it good when we were together. I was like you, I used to buy him shoes and clothes and cologne and everything cuz I am a giver and wanted him to look good like me. But now I've seen his true colors and can't handle the empty promises and false hope he gives me because I have HIS daughter to take care of now! He makes up all these excuses as to why he doesn't check to see how she is doing, and isn't around. I finally came to my senses (thanks to his mom talking some damn sense into my thick head) and filed for child support. He's gonna learn what its like to be responsible and an adult whether he likes it or not.
  • @bke913 hopefully your bd learns his lesson! It's too bad he can't quit that shit, me and my bd had a really bad problem with ice, but we found out we were expecting and quit cold turkey. I wish your bd could do the same thing for his daughter
  • im sorry if this falls under a dumb question but y dont u have a job? did you have to quit? and do u plan on staying with him?Because if you dont and you buy your baby the stuff he needs and collect child support from him u can get back pay by providing receipts of the stuff u bought for baby while he smoked his money away!!!

I would suggest u have a sit down with him and arrange a schedule on what bills will be paid and when, and then figure out how much extra money there is, and split that in half, then in half again, the first half will go to your babys needs----buy what he needs and save the rest for when he arrives, the rest is spending money for each of ya :)
  • @pawgio
    girl I would do anything so we can be on the same wave lengths. I don't wanna leave him... I just want to see and know that all his babies are top priority. talking about it isnt the only important thing. I'm so afraid that we will just end up like every other young couple and be each others baby daddy and baby mama. I'm so filled with emotions and have so much to say but I just don't have the words. I swear I've never felt so sunken till today. I know what I got to do but I am just so afraid of my baby not having anything he needs... I feel worthless for not being able to provide for him right now
  • @bke913
    girl Idk. its like when a baby comes in the picture these dudes lose their senses apparently. I'm grateful to have him so invested emotionally in this pregnancy. he's never left my side once even after all our bullshit but I wish he would try harder to provide. I don't bitch about him smoking but when the money is already so tight I get so angry that he could think of spending it on that before his baby. I don't wanna leave I just want his ass to wake up! I can't speak to his mom bc I don't wanna have her in my business and its pointless because she sees nothing wrong with it and ill be darned to bother arguing with her... ugh I can't wait to WORK!
  • @Mamato2boys
    Not a dumb question at all. It's my fault I'm not working. In 2010 I quit BOA because I had enough of my managers which was stupid decision #1. in Nov I started Wachovia and completely HATED IT so like an idiot I quit thinking it would be as easy as the first time to get another job but it didn't happen and I was already pregnant so I just decided to wait it out expecting my bf to be making decent money. I don't ask for frivolous stuff. Just food n bills which is only 2. I try not to stress him out being a burden but damn it money is just too tight to spend it on weed right now. I'm gonna take your suggestion about splitting the money after paying bills. Best suggestion I've been given towards finances.. honestly thank you
  • Yep, I'm sick of hearing, oh I work so hard to provide for you and this baby it's the most important thing to me I'm doing everything that I can.. and yet there are no results and he continues to buy what he wants first.. I can't wait for him to get a reality check and realize everything I'm saying is true.. if only that day would come sooner!
  • edited July 2011
    @pawgio
    u know it wouldn't be so bad if I saw him putting effort behind the pretty words. I wanna do more. I wanna work more hours. It's bs to me. This man took care of his daughters mom while she sat on her ass in the apt that he paid for and he tells me I'm so much more and better than their relationship but here I am. Looking forward to leaving my baby with a baby sitter for hours so I can go to work and bust my ass and make serious money while he's complacent making his baby hours at work and barely having a paycheck.
  • WELL AT LEAST UR MEN HAVE JOBS.... I CNT GET MY BD TO EVEN LOOK FOR A DAMN JOB N HE THINKS JUS FEELING OUT APPS ON THE INTERNET IS GOING TO LAND HIM ONE.... THEN HE WANTS ME TO DIG N MY POCKETS N GIVE HIM MONEY SO HE CAN FUCKIN SMOKE N WHEN I BRING UP THE FACT THAT HE NEEDS A JOB HE TELLS ME "WE GONNA BE OK" N IM LIKE WHY CUZ I GOT INCOME? N NOT THE INCOME I USED TO HAVE BEFORE LOOSING MY JOB..... WHICH PISSES ME OFF I DIDNT EVEN HAVE TIME TO LOOK FOR A JOB BEFORE I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGGO. IT JUS SEEMS TO ME THAT IF I SMOKE I WANT MY OWN MONEY TO BUY MY DRUGS WITH NOT GOING AROUND ASKING PPL FOR A DOLLAR HERE A DOLLAR THERE THATS WHY I HATE BEGGERS SO DAMN MUCH IF IM OUT HERE WORKING Y CNT U?? U CHOOSE TO BE HOMELESS N BEGGING FOR MONEY N THESE STREETS N IM BROKE ENOUGH WHY WOULD I GIVE U MONEY THAT SHIT JUS DNT MAKE SINCE TO ME... JUS CUZ I GOT A CAR U THINK I GOT SPARE CHANGE FOR UR AS.... N WATS BAD ABOUT THIS RANT IS I TELL MY BD THE SAME SHIT...... HE NEED TO GET A JOB ASAP N LEAVE THESE FUCKIN VIDEO GAMES ALONE N PROVIDE SO WE CAN MOVE OUT OF THIS DREADFUL HOUSEHOLD WE LIVING IN NOW......