new mommas....help

edited July 2011 in Parenting
So I'm curious what are some "tricks" you mommas use to get ur baby to sleep through the night....we have a blanket we've named "the magic blanket." For some reason both of our children fall sound asleep in this blanket and sleep longer when they are in it that with any other blanket. Not sure why....must smell like sleep lol. What are ur "tricks"?

Comments

• can I use that blanket til my daughter is about 2years old? lol
  • If you want to come pick it up....lol. but Sebastian is using it right now ;)
  • where are u located? ill b there in the morning so he can have one last night with it. lol
  • I hold my baby and he falls sound asleep or i tap his butt and go ah ah ah a. Sounds weird but it works my mom used to do it to us (Mexican momma) I also sing to my baby soft lullabies he loves it
  • The amazing swing Lol I loved that thing
  • So far this has worked with all my kids.. try to keep the baby up more in the evening only let him sleep short times. He will figure out what time is play time and when u leave him alone. Lol.. by a month old all my kids started only waking up once a night maybe once a week... after awhile they just woke up early morning then would sleep till like 9.
  • I give her a bath with the Johnsons bedtime wash and lotion. I swear by that stuff! I have her in a routine and I think it helps and works because at about 8:30: if she doesn't get her bath, she is Miss Crabby Apples!
  • Oh, and my lil sugar has recently started sleeping the entire night, rarely waking up to feed. She will eat right before bed then sleep for about 8 hours straight. Heaven!!
  • @ittybitty I'm in Lexington,KY. Lol
    @bke913 8 hours is great!! We usually get about 6 hours straight which is much better than our first year of sleep with my daughter. She would wake up every 2-4 hours for the first year and a half......aaaarrgg!!!
    @smgibbs we have trued to keep him awake as much as possible during the day but he cries so much it irritates my husband and he puts our boy back to sleep
    @azmom..love it!! My mom swears by the swing.
    @stevenjsalas_mommy. My MIL is from Ghana and she makes this mmmm.mmmm.mmmm noise. I'm glad it works for you!
  • Don't do it alot during the day. Just Like after 5pm. He will get fussy cuz He wants to sleep But That's what you'll have to do. He will get the point.
  • edited July 2011
    PERFECT, ill b there n about 2 hrs.. :)
  • THats the sound I'm talking about lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I rub my little girl from forehead to tip of nose! She can hardly keep her eyes open. sleeps for about 5-6hours.
  • @gatoebob....lol. with my daughter I honestly thought about givong her whiskey to make her sleep. (Thankfully we never did)
  • @ittybitty you're welcome any time. Where do u live?
  • Wrap him kind of tightly and tap his butt in my arms while singing: )
  • louisville :)
  • @ittybitty....my husband and I moved from Louisville 2 yrs ago. We go back and visit all the time :)
  • ill gladly take the blanket next time yall come up. just drop it off.. lol :)