What are the first visits like?

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
To all who have already gone what were your first visits like?
When I called they said my first visit was called an ob registration, where I meet with a nurse and they draw labs and go over information. And then my second visit thats a few days later is with the actual ob.
Just wondering what others first two visits like these went like. I am unsure of my last period will they do an ultra sound at one of these two our set up a separate appointment to see how far along I am.

Comments

• well with this baby I went for my first visit and I hasn't had a period so they sent me for an ultrasound and blood test not much else
  • My first visit I was only 5 weeks. They only did blood work and urine sample that visit. My second visit was at 9 weeks and I had my first ultrasound (vaginal) then and met with the doctor. But I don't know if all drs do it the same.
  • I dont know where u from but im frm uk. Over here your 1st app with midwife is jst to tell you basics dos and donts and to take urine sample and blood samples. Wont be getting my 1st ultrasound til about 13 - 14 weeks :-(
  • My first visit was registration, filling out papers, going over dos and donts, blood work, urine sample, and vaginal ultrasound because I was 12 weeks at that point, got a nice bag with some good reading materials and vitamin samples, I met my doctor after all the tests were done
  • First one was just labwork and whatnot. Second I got my pap and the third I got an ultrasound
  • I have not had my first visit yet I am only 6 weeks but I worked in obgyn and u come in when u r 8-12 weeks and that will be ur first visit...u will meet with dr then reg nurse then back to dr for ultrasound(heartbeat) then to lab for blood work then to insurance
  • Ok thanks everyone. I get nervous about things when I don't know what to expect lol

My moms coming with me to the first visit to help me with paper work and ask any questions I might not have thought of. But then my fiance will be coming with me to the second visit to meet the ob.