does anyone else hate their ob?

edited August 2011 in November 2011
I am so fed up with my Dr and everyone that works for her! She seems like she doesn't ever have time for my 3 min check up, she is so rushed, gets my folder mixed up and she has no idea what's even going on in my pregnancy! And the front desk ladies are such jerks and all they do is sit on their butt and complain the whole time. They never answer the phones or call you back when you leave a message. I called at left a message and called a couple other times and actually talked to them and asked for them to FAX my restrictions and what I can lift while I'm pregnant to my work. And they never did it any of the times! Seriously the FAX machine is just a few feet to the left from your desk roll your rolly chair over and push some buttons! So I came in today to just get a paper cause I can't go back to work till my boss has it and they are out to lunch! I'm so aggravated with this place lol sorry for going on a rant I just had to vent! Is anyone else sick of their Dr? I feel bad for my little Guy he moves all around when I'm aggravated I think they make him mad too lol.

Comments

• Is it too late for you to switch doctors?? I like my doctor but he has one nurse that I absolutely can't stand. I call her the "gatekeeper" cuz she's the one they make you talk to if you call with questions. So, basically I can never call if im having an issue. She basically says don't call unless its an emergency, and then still don't call, go to the ER. Lol!
  • Omg I would calk just to bug her lol. Idk I didn't know if I could switch doctors or not I'm 26 weeks
  • ME! I am fed up with the place! so with my first i was fine, and gave birth at my local hospital. with my second i became very sick @ 6 mo. pregnant and was hospitalized, but transfered hospitals because of my condition, etc. therefore, I had to see a high risk doc and the one they assigned me is the place i go to now. i had complications during my second pregnancy and had surgeries following my pregnancy, so NO ONE would take my case and I was forced to go back to this doctor. well, the issue is that unless you have been seen in the hospital and assigned a doc you are under whatever doc they put you with. the clinic i go to is nasty, messy, dirty, in a terrible part of town and the staff is shaddy. everyone was fabulous with my second pregnancy. so i started going to the clinic from the get go with this pregnancy. any time i have ever called i ALWAYS get sent to a voicemail. they have a "call back policy" to call back with 72 hrs. This clinic is an OB/GYN clinic, outpatient hospital clinic and a breast health clinic. so most of the patients are trashy. in fact, just today I literally had to get up and go across the room because this one lady (she was the only one in the waiting area) smelled so nasty! really!!!! I wanted to vomit. anyhow, so there are 14 residents who deal with the ob/gyn area. no one is assigned a doc- it's whoever is available to look at your chart, talk to you and whatever day you are in. it's a teaching hospital so i see a different resident every time i go. my surgeon needed to consult with my ob/gyn and they didn't understand why. i am not sure they have even done it. some docs will check you at a certain time, others wont until you are 40 wks or in labor. it's such a mess. this clinic is 1 hr away from my home, and i spent 2 hrs there today just trying to get the doc to come in and get a culture! then drive another hour home. BOOO!
  • Wow that sounds pretty terrible too lol
  • Its never too late to switch. Also go on any place that you can review their office and give the appropriate reviews. Obs are too comfortable in their behavior i have gad so many over the past couple years. You pay them. I have no idea why they act the way they do.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ive never really had a "problem" with my office but the midwives are just really sort with me & almost rude. They never come in with a smile on their face & are in and out within five minutes. I've thought about asking them if they even enjoy their job at all cause it doesn't seem like it. I wonder what its going to be like when I go in to labor :/