sorry to disappoint you guys but...

edited August 2011 in September 2011
I guess I am not going to be a sept mommy after all I am 35+3 wks and 1 cm dilated. My doc said today that he doesn't see me making it another couple of weeks. But if I make it to 37 wks he is going to strip my membranes and try to get things going but he doesn't think he will have to. Yay I am so excited its been a long rough pregnancy and lately its been very hot!! So I guess I am not going to be a sept mom after all!

Comments

• Awwww, good luck and im only a teeny bit jealous... Im due sept 14th :-)
  • The Same for me aswell!.. 35 + 4! I was full term at 34 weeks my doctor said
  • Does that hurt?
  • Babys full term as well! Lost my plug
  • A week ago! And have been having contractions on and off since! I'm 1cm dialated and 25% effaced! I want her here now! Thinking about castor oil! Ps. Sorry I'm on my "smartphone" :|
  • I'm due sept 9 but have started trying things to get things going. my stress levels are thru the roof, have been for months. My husband has started making daily deposits, idk what else to do though. Also can I check for dialation myself?
  • You ladies are giving me hope. I'm also 35wks 3days and I can't wait. I don't think I'll make it to the end. We'll have to see what the doc says next week.
  • I haven't been doing anything extra except little walks with my 2 yo cause it helps me stay comfy with the contractions I been having for weeks. last week my doc took me from strict bed rest to just resting every once in a while cause he said if labor were to start they wouldn't stop it now anyways. I will be starting to try to get things going on and after friday cause I will be 36 wks. I think its time for her to come lol I am so tired!
  • @ashley_happy im also 35+4 im so ready to have him! Its starting to get just a bit uncomfortable... My doc is good at inducing, if I feel I cant go on much longer im gonn ask her to induce me
  • Good luck! They said that with me too but I been stuck at two cm for four weeks lost my plug n having contractions but still stuck at two... got my membranes stripped last Thursday I'm 39+1 n ill find out if that helped on the third... I have also been walking 2.5 miles every night ugh hopefully u have better luck then me
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tbaby2011 I was gonna be a september mommy to but my docs won't let me go past 39wks. I just turned 35wks today and scheduled my c-section for the end of August. My original due date was Sept. 5.....guess we'll be crossing over together belly buddy. Good luck to all our fellow September mommy's.
  • @letysfirst oh yeahh my doc 2 my induction date is @39 weeks aug 28! He says i won't make it pass aug 12! I'm gonna do castor oil in 3 dayss!! Fingers crossed!!!!
  • @ashely_happy I dont think I could do castor oil, blah! Im gonna try everything else but that lol
  • Good luck! Your baby is ready to meet you :)
  • 35 today and had to go in for contractions. Have a yeast infection (fun) but he said im not dialated but my cervix is very sensitive. He wants her to stay put for 2 weeks but said if she comes he wont stop it.
  • I don't wanna be a debbie downer but don't get your hopes up, being dialated this late in pregnancy means nothing. My friend was dialated at 4cm for three weeks and then they induced her! I really hate that they do cervical exams so early as all it does is raise expectations if you are and crush hopes if your not. I'm refusing them.
  • @diverwfe I wasn't saying it because of dilation my doctor told me I would either 1) have her on my own and go into labor naturally before 37 wks 2) he would be stripping my membranes@ 37wks and that would put me in labor or 3) I would be induced at 39 wks and have her the last week of aug anyways. I have had alot of problems with preterm labor and problems due to my loss in oct.this is not my first pregnancy or child but thank you for trying to inform me.
  • @momof22be thanks I am having alot of pressure in my lady parts and everytime she moves or I have a contractions I get pain there and been cramping all day and pain in lower back. So might be soon!
  • Gotcha I didn't mean to come off any type of way. Good luck!
  • @diverwfe I was not trying to come off any way either I just was saying it wasn't the dilation that was the reason I said it. Good luck to you also I wish everyone a happy and healthy pregnancy and baby.
  • Keep us updated Hun. :)
  • @momof22be I will! I am just so ready to hold her its been a really long rough pregnancy after the loss of my son in oct. And I just want to hold her and know she is ok!
  • I hear ya I was ttc for 7 years and they told me I probably had plenty of mc that I didn't even know about so to get her here and know she is safe will be one of the best days of my life good luck and easy labor dust mama! ********
  • I'm jealous :-) PS Sorry stupid question, what does "stripping your membranes" mean? I hear it all over & keep forgetting to ask my Doc about it :-/
  • @momof22be thanks!! :)

@rizzychicky he said he will basically do a cervical check and while doing it open his fingers and rub around the outside of my cervix to try to get things going as in thinning and dilating