i feel so bad: ( :( pet owners help!!

My husband and i just moved a week ago amd decided out of our 3 pets we would bring 1. Some of you may know i had to bring my cat to my sisters a few months ago bc he was extremely unhappy and kept getting let out of the house by my in laws and he is not an outdoor cat. So he was sooooo happy when we brought him home. He is a whole new cat. So friendly so loving let's me hold him cuddles all night. I couldn't ask for a better cat. I just walked in our room and he was sleeping in the crib!! I feel so bad bc i had to yell at him and now i know ill have continue to do so. How do i keep him out permantly? I don't want him to be an unhappy kitty again: (

Comments

• edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just make sure you shut the door so he can't get in the crib anymore....
  • Before baby is here so like. Now Lol go get a scatt Matt....there sold at petco petsmart but u will pay a ton less if u order online or phone from www.ryanspetsupply.com its a mat people put on couches counters. Etc it will do a slight shock to keep him out...it works well
  • My kitten lola loves to sleep in our bassinet. I swear she thinks its for her. Its all cute and all but the only thing we can wdo is to keep taking her out everytimes she gets in. I dont like to yell at my cats unless they did something terrible like pee on the floor.
  • Get a cheap office chair rolling mat (the one with plastic spikes on the bottom) and cut it to fit the crib. Place it upside down (spikes up) and it should work cause cats dont like the spike feeling....
    maybe use crumpled foil if you cant get the chair roller...
    (We just put a blanket over our bassenett and it seemed to work with our cats... )
  • They have nets you can put over the crib. I have to get one because of my cats. I haven't seen them in there but I found some cat hair on the blanket lol. Until I get it I'm just gonna keep the door closed. Cats have very good depth perception, so he shouldn't try to jump in once you put the net on.
  • They sell crib tents or just a mosquito net
  • Water squirting would b fine but eventually it will ruin bedding or crib...n u have to b there to catch him asap in order for it to b affective....give him his own bed maybe under the crib? But your gonna have to show him a few times maybe w treats that that's his spot
  • edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions ladies!! Ill have to try the mat thing or something! I wish my cat didn't like water but it never phases him. Lol.
    @firsttimemommytobe
    @erikamrscollins
    @azmom
    @lalalorree
    @lilbit01_209
    @starrxoxo9
    @beaded_bunny
  • @azmom its funny because as soon as i kicked him out of it he layed under it on some totes i have and has been there since.
  • Lol good maybe he will catch on quick