i feel so bad: ( :( pet owners help!!

My husband and i just moved a week ago amd decided out of our 3 pets we would bring 1. Some of you may know i had to bring my cat to my sisters a few months ago bc he was extremely unhappy and kept getting let out of the house by my in laws and he is not an outdoor cat. So he was sooooo happy when we brought him home. He is a whole new cat. So friendly so loving let's me hold him cuddles all night. I couldn't ask for a better cat. I just walked in our room and he was sleeping in the crib!! I feel so bad bc i had to yell at him and now i know ill have continue to do so. How do i keep him out permantly? I don't want him to be an unhappy kitty again: (

Comments

• Put tin foil in the crib or in the doorway to the nursery if you don't want him in there at all, after a few times he'll learn he's not supposed to be in there
  • I know this sounds weird but tell him he can't do that. I've always talked to my cat as if she was a human. She knows not to step on my belly and she knows not to go by the babies things. We haven't set up the crib or anything yet, but I know that once we do ill have to introduce her to everything and let her know these things aren't yours.
  • @pawgio that seems like an affordable option! If i catch him again ill do that for sure!
    @thankful828 i talk tp him: ) he talks back. He knows not to jump on my belly. He comes to me from behind. He is smart i think he will see i don't like him in there and stop.. i hope.
  • Ugh puma used to do that I had just finished setting up jakes crib and I was so proud it looked all petty and I finally sat down in the living room and treated myself to hot cheetos. So I go in the room to take a second look at what I accomplished and puma is all layed out clawing at it when he sees me. That happened so many times it got to the pount where if he heard me coming he would jump on the bed and act like that's where he had been. I started closing the door. He later learned that the room was off limits. Ugh then I had problems with him sleeping in the bouncer and the swing and the car seat.
  • @stevenjsalas_mommy your cat seems persistant! I hope mine doesn't try to get into all that when i get it. Lol
  • Yeah he was. It bc he was my baby but then I got pgnt and had Jake. I was goin to keep him but I found him in jakes crib while he was sleeping sitting on his chest so I was like I love u puma but no. So I gave him away
  • I got a baby gate to keep out my two cats and dog. It was only 30$ and I'll be able to move it later.
  • Spray bottle u see the cat going for the door or in the room spray it once n tell it no. I did that with my cat cause it had a problem jumping up on counters.... I also did it with my dog for his barking in the house ( he now knows when to warn us n when its not ok.) they r both still as loving n cuddly n I no longer have to use the spray bottle
  • @stevenjsalas_mommy oh no!! :-( its never easy to get rid of a pet. I'm so sorry: (

@natashalynn lol my cat has some hops
    He will get over it so quick. He hasn't jumped in since because i don't think he likes to be yelled at. Lol

@mommakk88 i tried to spray bottle when he was a kitten but it didn't phase him. Lol. He likes it.
  • Get rid of the cat. Im sorry but babies safety comes first and I've heard of cats suffocating children by accident. Not worth the risk. I have a cat as well but mine only sleeps with me
  • Maybe a spray bottle everytime he tries to enter the room. Or put sticky double sided tape on the floor in front of the door. Use a lot to cover a few cat steps. Cats hate sticky on paws & it may detour him from entering. Or you can try. Getting a cat bed for kitty & add treats & catnip to entice him to sleep there. I'm getting a giant cat tree off of Amazon for my cats to help them not enter babys room.
  • I have my bumbo seat at my moms house and her cat tries to get in it so we pt a teddy bear in it so she wont get in it and we put a baby doll in the swing so she gets the idea that shes not allowed to get in there.
  • @mandac10 that would never happen. We were already planning on keeping him out at night when she is here. Lol. He will learn! Im gonna try the foil thing if i catch him again.

@one5one i want to gwt him a cat tower becausw he likes being high and snuggled in. Maybe my husband can build one. It can't be that hard right??
  • I cried for 2 months I check up on him and cloud all the time. I still miss them
  • @feb2012mommy that's a good idea. Ill do that when i get my boppy, bouncrler, and swing!
  • @stevenjsalas_mommy ive had this cat his whole life. I chose him the day he was born and he chose me back the day i got to take h home. Do u think you'll be able to have him back one day?
  • Also I know it's something that will cost a little bit of money, we are going this route as a safety precaution along with many other methods(leaving papers in the bassinet because he HATES! paper..not entirely sure why honestly lol) They have a mesh crib tent you can put over top. It's supposed to be sturdy enough for the cat to even set on top and it be fine. We haven't gotten ours yet because we are still trying to save up the money BUT! it could be worth a try =)

Photobucket

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tots-In-Mind-Crib-Tent/6372421?ci_sku=6372421&ci_src=14110944&sourceid=1500000000000003260330

They also have them for pack n plays as well.
  • I was trying as soon as Jake turned three months turns out they love puma :'(
  • And I know what you mean about the choosing thing told my now husband eitheir u take me as your wife and my cat or not at all. He learned to love him and he absolutely hates cats. He likes them now. He says let's get another one that is all black and looks like puma but it is not the same
  • @rckprincess2 that's so cool! But my crib has a canopy already so it won't work lol. But its a great idea for when we go camping next summer and she's in a pack a play. Keep thosr bugs away from her!
    @stevenjsalas_mommy did u tell them u would want him back? I wish some people would be more understanding
  • yeah it works great cause the animals realize theres something in there and that they cant get in there
  • I did but I gave it to an old lady and she said she really grew to love him and as much as I want him back. I couldn't do that to her. She lives alone and he's her only companion. At least he is somewhere he is loved. They watch tv together and she knots him outfits.(he would never let me dress him up!)
  • @stevenjsalas_mommy yeah my husband knew when we met its me and the cat. He gad harsh feelings towards him at first bc my cat was depressed but now he is happy and hubby can't get enough of him!
    @feb2012mommy thanks so much!
  • He* stupid phone
  • @stevenjsalas_mommy lol my cat would be unhappy if i tried to dress him. Old ladies seem to have power over cats lol
  • My other cat got depressed to she would eat and eat and eat. She missed her mom. She was breastfed till she was a kitten and the only one too. It was so funny bc all the other cats were eating food and she wouldn't lol but then she stoped being depressed and it was so weird one time I went into preterm labor and started getting contractions she was acting weird and all of a sudden she jumped on my belly and started meowing and the contractions started its like she knew something was wrong
  • @rckprincess2 Lmao paper scares him!!
  • @stevenjsalas_mommy my cat freaks out when I'm getting sick! I have had morning sickness my whole pregnancy and he hates me throwing up. When he was unhappy he just stayed close. Now he is all up in my business making sure I'm okay :)
  • We bought a "scat mat" for our cat. It gives a static shock. We placed it on our counters so the cat would stop jumping up there and it worked. You could also place it in the doorway to train it to not even enter the room.
  • @octmommy thanks mama: ) i would use that for the kitchen for sure