29weeks appointment, ugh!

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
Okay, so the staff at this clinic are seriously whack! The nurse & the dr today both seemed off & awkward. But I am glad that the nurse atleast shared with me her findings in my vitals, unlike my dr who didn't tell me anything about my tummy measurements or my babys heart rate. Apparently I lost 4lbs, & she didn't even touch the weight subject until I made sure that was okay... seeing as at 16weeks they thought I was anorexic & at 23weeks they thought I had gained too much. Oh & even at 29weeks still not screening my urine? Ugh! Ehhh, whatever. I'm 98% sure I'll be switching drs before my babys born anyways.

Now currently sitting at the lab, taking my 1hr glucose test. So bored, so hungry! Hurry up!

Comments

• What? They don't urine ? How do they know your levels are if they aren't checking , I would be finding a new doctor soon
  • @mschop, nope! The only urine they ever asked for was at my first appt & that was only for routine std tests that you get with your first prenatal visit. I have no idea what is up with this clinic, care in my home state was SO much different. I am currently trying to decide which dr I would like to switch to, it's a hard decision.
  • With my first the tested my urine at every appt...they don't do it at Naval. I keep meaning to ask, but forget. I need to write it down for Friday. I love my Dr there.@momma_tiffay who do you usually see? I've gained what seems like a lot to me, but my Dr said I'm doing great since I was underweight to start.
  • They test my urine every single appointment, its kinda a known thing. they call me back, i step on the scales, then she hands me a cup and i go straight to the bathroom... but i absolutely LOVE my ob, and i couldnt imagine the stress it would cause me if i didnt.
  • @sands3, with my 1st, 2nd, & 3rd in NY they tested my urine at EVERY appt. At Naval it's only been a urine test at my 1st appt, & I MADE them take a urine sample one other time because I thought I had a uti. I have seen a different dr almost every appt, they never schedule me with the same person even though I ask them to. I'm seeing the same dr I seen today for my next appt though. At 16weeks I hadn't gained anything so they asked me if I had/have an eating disorder, I was like wtf? NO! & then at my next appt which was at 23weeks, I had gained 12lbs. So they were like wow that's a lot of weight really fast. I know I'm eating & eating pretty healthy so I really just don't want to listen to the comments. So that was probably the only positive part of my appt today, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't bad that I lost 1/3rd of what I gained. But dr assures no matter what I weigh babys growing.
  • Hmmmm...I'm 37 weeks and my doctor never screened my urine! Like ever! And she never measures my stomach or anything else! How crappy!
  • @momma_tiffay sorry it took me so long to respond...my phone wasn't working, then my husband called. I see the same Dr every appt...except for the last because he wasn't available that day. It was the same day as my u/s so I didn't want to change dates. He's always very helpful, even though I have very few questions. I've had an easy pregnancy. I'll meet my c section Dr at 36 weeks, hopefully that one is as great as the one I have now. Hopefully things will get better for you there, or you find a better Dr elsewhere.
  • @ChelseaPie, yeah that's what their suppossed to do, or so I thought... I loved my ob in my home state, but I moved here less than a year ago with my husband because he is in the Marines. & I have insurance through the military, & it pretty much sucks... I was referred to this dr because of the plan I was on, but I recently switched my plan so I can get out.

@ModelBaby1, wow... that is awful. My drs don't test my urine but they do measure my tummy & listen to my baby. That's all things they should be doing. Ugh.

@Island_Mommie2B, yes soon! I am having trouble deciding on whether to do it now, or to wait until after my next ultrasound because I'm having a follow up ultrasound on the 22nd because my ultrasound dr says my babys bowels look dialated, which is associated with a birth defect my 3yr old was born with. :/

@sands3, that's alright! & sorry it took me so long now, my phone was dead after pregly & facebook at Naval lol. Then my husband fell asleep & forgot about me & then I had to make dinner & all that jazz. Before the schedule my appt they always ask who I seen & if I want to see the same dr & give me 2 appts to choose from but I always end up with a different dr? I'm confused. I've had a pretty crazy pregnancy, bleeding, cramping, my back cracks every time I move now, my placenta was low, now their questioning my baby. :( It drives me insane some days.