Bedrest

edited August 2011 in Health
Under what circumstances would someone be put on bedrest? I'm 31 weeks and I have a lot of pressure and sometimes I feel as if her foot or hand is going to come right out of my vag.....I'm going to bring it up to my doctor tomorrow but I was wondering if you ladies had any input for me :)

Comments

• It's dependant on your doc. Not everyone thinks bedrest is even effective so won't prescribe it.
  • I was on it with pre-term contractions and a positive ffn test. The test, if positive may mean labor is 2 weeks away. I'm 31 weeks and had ffn @ 28 weeks. High blood pressure may also cause your Dr. To go on bedrest. What you're feeling sounds normal. It your baby is still breech their kicks can feel like a leg is coming out of your vagina. Lol. :) I felt that until about 27 weeks, my baby is head down now so I don't feel like that anymore. Btw still being breech at 31 weeks is okay.:) my baby turned down semi early. Some babies are breech up until hours before coming out.
  • @mrsforesee thank you! My dr said she is head down and because of nerves down there when she jabs me it feels really intense lol....she aassured me she is not going to kick or jab through my vagina lol......@beaded_bunny thank you for your input :)
  • You're welcome! I was freaked out too at first too when I felt my baby " trying to jab her way out down there " :)