diaper raffle

edited August 2011 in Baby showers
I've heard about it...how exactly does it work? My shower is on the 27th and I can add it to my invites if I know how it works...n e 1 know?

Comments

• My cousin had one. On your invite tell folks if they bring diapers or wipes they will be entered into a raffle. They raffeled 3 prizes... She got tons of diapers and wipes. I plan on doing this as well.
  • Ok...makes sense. Thank you!
  • I'm doing this at my shower also
    I wrote on the invites any one who brings diapers will be entered into drawing to win a great prize
  • i put this on my invitations also. whoever brings a pack of diapers will be put into a drawing for a prize, which will be a gift card to a restaurant or something like that..
  • Def so it I did and now my closet is full! Also at the dollar store you can find those raffle tickets they have at carnivals and stuff, that makes it super easy!
  • Thanks ladies...yeah I think I'm gna do a Starbucks one a movie one wit two passes n a....idk yet. How much should they b...such as 1st place for how much movie passes for wut place n last place for how much..?
  • I have seen people do like a 50 dollar giftcard. My shower is Saturday I am soo excited! Depending on how much money I have I am gonna do a20-30 walmart card. And if we have any leftover prizes we will give those away too.
  • @socalmomma2boys 50? Wow!!!! I was thinking 30, 20 n 15???? Should I do more? I'd b excited too!!!! :) a Walmart gc is a good idea!
  • Well right there 30 20 and 15 is 65 bucks outta your pocket? The shower I went to that had a 50 dollar giftcard only gave away one giftcard. They also had a huge goodie bag for everyone which I thought was too much. I would rather go small and be able to have a 1st 2nd and 3rd prize. I saw one lady on here who put on her invites a giftcard for whoever brings the MOST diapers.
  • @socalmomma2boys yeah ur right...if I'm.gna shell out 65 might as well buy some my Damn self. Yeah my sis suggested gift bags...I was like hmmm helllo they're buying gifts for my child.I ain't buying stuff.for eveyone!!! What is ur giftcard amount ur doing?
  • I did the raffle at my shower two weeks ago n I got diapers for at least six months lol n my prize was a 30 dollar visa gift card. mines was a success :) good luck buddy.
  • @mrsthompson34 :) thanks!!!! A visa giftcard is an awesome idea!!!!! Did u only have 1 prize?
  • yes, only one winner. wat I did was buy those raffle tickets at party city. whoever brings diapers u give them a raffle ticket n u put the other part in a bucket n at the end u shake the bucket n call out the number :) if they bring two give them two tickets... but let ur guest knoe wat the prize is before hand so they can be excited to win it. thas wat I did n im telling u I have over six months of diapers lol but I have a big family. they bought me those big boxes with like 230 sumn in each lol
  • @mrsthompson34 for the big box dis u give then.two tickets? N thanks btw for taking.the Time to.explain.
  • Them...sorry
  • nope just one lol :) my co worker bought six small packs n she got six tickets n when I picked out the raffle she actually won but she left my shower early so ppl was like u gotta b here to accept prize lol. one ticket per box n plus the game is for friends n family to support baby :) but it was exciting to see how many ppl brought diapers n my family is such a big time addicted to gambling... the ones who didnt bring diapers bought a raffle ticket for ten bucks each haha. I had about 40 raffle tickets out :) but good luck to u mamas
  • @MrsThompson34 Can you tell me what wording exactly you put on your invitations? :)
  • lol @excitedforoctober I put where u would put where ur registered... Bring a pack/box of diapers for a raffle ticket for a chance to win a 30 dollar gift card (optional)
  • @excitedforoctober n a week before my shower I texted everyone dont forget to bring diapers to remind them :) bc I had sent out invites for my shower a month ahead.
  • @MrsThompson34 Cool thanks! Good thing I read this post before I make out my invitations :)
  • @excitedforoctober, ur welcome. I had ordered my invites from shutterfly n I ordered 75 invites n I forgot to mention it lucky shutterfly is kind enuff to give me a free 75 invites so I can add that in about the raffle lol :)
  • I did the diaper raffle, but it wasn't very successful. I only got 5 packs of diapers. Our prize was a $40 gift card to a restaurant and 2 gift certificates for free desserts.
  • @armywife0529 did u invite a lot of ppl?
  • Yes, there were between 35-40 people there.
  • I put on my invites "Bring a pack of diapers & you'll be entered in a raffle to win a prize!" I ended up purchasing 2 sets of AMC movie tickets from costco (They're $14.99 I think for 2 tickets). It was a hit bc I got a bunch of newborn & size 2 diapers. Overall I think I have 500-700 diapers just from the the shower alone (NB to size 3!) I think it's totally worth it!
  • @rizzychicky wow!!!!! Thanks