Labor Story & Pictures of Aydrian!!

edited August 2011 in Labor
I was scheduled to come in at 6:30am this morning to be prepped for a c-section at 10:30am due to the fact that my little girl was constantly turning herself from a transverse (sideways) position to head down. They did an ultrasound to determine her position & she was head down so they cancelled the c-section & induced me. I got medication to soften my cervix & it helped, it also got my contractions going. Around 2pm they started the Pitocin, I got my epidural around 5pm. I was contracting really well, dialted to 5 but she was still high so my doctor broke my water at 6:45pm. I started to feel some pressure from the contractions around 7:30pm so they gave me more meds & my doctor came back in at 8 & checked me. I'd dialated to a 6 & she was starting to drop & I was 50% effaced. She said she'd check on me again in an hour. A few minutes later I really started to feel the contractions & a ton of pressure. I had 3 brutal contractions back to back to back & while trying to breathe through them I told my husband to get the nurse. She came running in & I was still trying to get through the contraction whenn she lifted the blanket & said she's coming now. She told me to breathe & try not to push but the pressure was too much I couldn't stop myself. My doctor came running in, they didn't even have time to set up the room, I pulled my legs up, took 1 breath, pushed, & she was completely out & laying on my stomach. I couldn't believe that it was over with & she was here. It burned so bad when she came out I thought for sure I had torn/ripped, gotten scratched or something but my doctor checked me & I was perfectly fine :) Placenta came out right after w/ ease & my stomach started to contract & go down without any assistance. I feel great & was able to get up & walk right away. My nurse laughed at me cause when I got up to use the bathroom I was walking so fast she joked that I was running away from her. Our daughter is healthy & beautiful & we couldn't ask for anything else.

Aydrian Marie Rodgers August 2, 2011 8:14pm 7lbs 1oz 19.5inches

When were discharged she weighed 6lbs 10oz My little Runt!

Comments