Getting a baby monitor TODAY!!

edited August 2011 in Sleep
We just moved to a two bedroom apartment and my son is 3 months old. He had been sleeping in his crib in our room before we moved. So we decided to have him sleep in his room last night. (he slept from 10pm to 8am yay!!) me and my fiance woke up this morning to our baby boy screaming his head off! I ran in there and my baby boys leg was stuck through the crib bar! that scared me to death! So were getting a baby monitor today.. Any suggestions?

Comments

• We got a tomy one its great bit expensive but so worth it its got a video camera and u can check the room temp talk too bubba threw it and take pictures when they sleepin n stuff we also brought the sensor mat too it beeps when and if the bubba stops breathing or moving
  • @mummytuube thanks! How much did it cost? And where did you buy it at?
  • We got it from mothercare it was around £150 for monitor n £40 for sensor mat
  • We got the angelcare monitor at babies r us for$ 99 it detects sound and movement.....movement as little as breathing!!! All nieces and nephews had it...love it!!
  • Also do u have a bumper on crib...we out a breathable mesh bumper on already...that way no limbs get stuck...but they can breath if they can't roll back over
  • @mummytuube thank you!

@augustbaby thanks, think well go look at that before my fiance goes to work.and I dont have a bumper pn the crib for the sids hazard but I dont want to get that mesh one! Whered you get that from?
  • edited August 2011
    never mind. I didn't see that you mentioned you don't like the mesh bumpers.
  • We got both at babies r us....
  • edited August 2011
    We had the same issue with my daughter. We bought a breathable bumper, but she still managed to get her foot stuck I think she must have pushed the top of it town with het leg. Then we baught a crib tent. It has worked wonders! She's 17 months old now and I have never had to worry about her climbing out of the crib. I definitley recommend it! We bought it at Buy Buy Baby, but I've seen it cheaper on Amazon. There are different versions...standard crib, convertable crib, play yard, ect., so if you do get one make sure you get one that's right for your crib.

http://www.buybuybaby.com/Product.asp?SKU=15029080
  • I just ordered one from best buy online. It was the best price I could find 100 for a monitor with night vision.
  • @augustbaby oops I meant I wanted one lol.but thank you

@menemami I meant I wanted a mesh bumper lol oops lmao..

@Soon2BMomOf2under2 okay thank you so much :) going to look at it after I feed my son.

@momaynot what kind was it?
  • Lmbo @maymommy11. Well since you want one I highly recommend. I have a plan white one. They only had plan colors when they came out a few years ago but now I gave seen some prints that are cute at babiesrus and buybuybaby.
  • @menemami lol im going to have to check that out and that tent that was mentioned above.