ugh stupid baby shower

edited August 2011 in Baby showers
Wish it would come and go. Mil is driving me insane. She's paying for nothing and keeps inviting people. So I have like 60 people coming. Half not my guests

Comments

• Just my opinion but I'd be thankful...if your worried about food make it pot luck...or something cheep n easy like nachoes n cheese that's what I wanted but hubby doing it n his. Aunt is doing nasty tacos Lol..just think more presents things u don't have to buy
  • Atleast ull get a lot of stuff? Im Sorry tho
  • @azmom @squrit299 Ya I'm lucky. But why invite ppl idk without talking to me first and not pay for anything or make food. My cousin is basically doing everything and its stressing me out cuz I have to plan according to her. And I expected less and its at our house. Like its too much. It's like its her shower not mine. Nothing is going the way I want it to.
  • And so many ppl gave me things over the mths I don't really need anything
  • I'm sorry...maybe I'm just jealous Lol I don't know many people here my family is in a different state...hubby's family are flakes n don't speak English Lol so if I'm. Lucky ill have 5people maybe I might b able to speak to 3? Hubby is planning. It since I don't want one for reason of no point Lol good luck tho it will all work out
  • @azmom I barely no anyone. I'm just ticked because mil is being controlling but not helping financially
  • @azmom then she don't like that I told her I'm only wanting a select few to come to the hospital. Acting like its her choice who comes to visit
  • the more the gifts the better, of coarse! But should not be inviting a bunch of people you don't know and she's not helping at all financial...and who knows if those people even bringing anything?? well i hope everything turns out great at the end :)
  • I had 25 people at my baby shower and I thought that was a lot! Too bad your mil isn't being considerate of your stress level :( Hopefully you get tons of gifts tho!
  • So who is paying for it? She would have to back the hell off if she's not footing the bill.
  • @blueberrysmom my cousin is who is the godmother. My mil just don't care. Ny husbands like u should be glad u have a lot of ppl coming. And there's a ton coming cuz they are happy for the baby. I'm like shouldn't I be the one happy? Half these ppl aren't even my guests they are your moms.
  • That's annoying!!! Since she's rude enough to invite people w/o asking, u should just flat out ask her for money to give to ur cuz...And while ur at it ask her to do the cleaning before AND after since its at your house! Smh
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MrsG I met the people like once. Then she gave me an attitude when I told her when I deliver I don't want a bunch of people there. She's like why they aren't there to see you. Lol. I'm thinking so. I have the choice on who can cone visit lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ethansmommy122 and its her house too. my husband and I are living with his parents until next year. but ill be cleaning still and she don't even seem to appreciate my cousin doing it. it was my mils idea to have it at the house to begin with.
  • Similar thing kind of happened to me, the shower ended up being a bunch of people I didn't know in my house and only a couple from my side. we made it a potluck and there was a bunch of food. We got everything we needed, the cutest outfits, and whatever we didn't get we got in gift cards & cash anyway. Bfs mom didn't buy anything except ¼ price of the cake. It was awkward having my few, his many, and my friends ... no one knew each other and no one talked!

& we did a diaper raffle with a 25$ Starbucks card, and my bfs mom won! And she didn't like give it back which I thought was weird... so its like why'd we do the raffle -______- if the tables were turned I'd give it back to get redrawn
  • @ashes I still have games to figure out blah
  • Ohhh games are sucky, mine were ALL fail. Advice don't start games right away! Let people mingle for a half hour or so. And when you do the games make sure you yell and get everyone's attention lol. My cousin started the games at 1pm on the dot. Games go REALLY fast and people were still showings up and just getting situated when they were over! I was bummed :/

Our best game was one we downloaded online where you match the baby animals names with the animals. Like what is a swan baby? A cygnet. Lol. My sister was supposed to make me a "pin the sperm on the egg" but never did it :'( but you can buy it online for cheap! I REALLY wanted that game too awww :/
  • Whens ur shower? Saturday?
  • It's next sat