Anyone in Alaska with me??

edited February 2011 in USA moms
Just curious if anyone is living up here in Alaska, don't think I have ever heard of anyone saying they are :)

Comments

• No one?? dang.... :-(( lol, oh well
  • I will b moving to ak but bout til december
  • What part of alaska
  • Anchorage...at the base, not sure how to spell it lol
  • @jay_july1 I'm in anchorage , off base tho lol you spelled it right :)
  • Yeah my husband is stationed there and once he comes back from deployment I will b moving up there with him.
  • O I was stationed in Fairbanks at Wainwright their hospital sucks at births!
  • @bshelftheelf Fairbanks is NOT the place to be thats for sure lol, I'm so glad I live in Anchorage @Jay_july1 you gonna be here before the winter? Summers here are nice and we have the whole midnight sun thing going on which I love
  • Yeah I came last may and I liked it but I hate the winter lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Jay_july1 I hate the winters too, not because of the cold since we don't even have the coldest winters as other states but the darkness is hard to deal with. Makes me never want to do anything lol- but the money is good here, we have a lot of privacy and the dividend is always a nice thing lol @gatorbob I love Alaska, it's worth visiting your friend in the summer time! :) @lmelanson yeah I'm not sure I could take Vegas heat lol although I've done Oklahoma before and didn't die, it was weird with airconditioning, we don't have that anywhere here hahaha @mshahir it is beautiful and the midnight sun thing is my favorite! there is no beauty like Alaska esp in the summer
  • @gatorbob at least she's gonna visit you! that's really nice :) I think I'm literally the only one on pregly that lives in AK by choice and not by military LOL, def make a trip in the summer tho, it is so nice and beautiful. Makes you appreciate mother nature with all of the mountains and water around
  • Well I can't wait to come up...my son is due in july when is yur baby due? Mayb we could have a play date lol
  • I just joined and live in Anchorage. Due 11/11/11
  • Curious but is it true there are 7 single men for every 1 single lady? Just something I heard from a friend. We both wanna move there ;)
  • @gatorbob sorry for the late response but I think you guys should! the money is really good up, the cost of living is higher but wages make up for it. We don't pay sales or income taxes and they pay us to live here haha- the winters are dark and cold but the summers are great! so much sun, for example we have snow on the ground still but it's 9pm right now and still daylight, I love that :) @Jay_july1 I would love that!! we could take the babies to bouncing bears or on a jog with strollers, get off this baby weight0 my dog would love that too haha- I'm due August 12th so pretty close to you :) when you coming up? when you come I'll give you my cell I can show you around if you wanted @AK_Mommy we have like the same name! :) lol- are you military or here by choice? that is THE coolest due date!! I got married 10-10-10 I love dates like that it made me wish I was due a month later so I could get 9-10-11 haha :) @Jaime77 crazy enough it is true!! there is like no women here haha- and there is a lot of good looking men(who woulda thought huh? lol) and most of them have pretty good jobs since they work on the slope, lots of military men too haha We didn't get hit by the recession really so there is a lot of jobs and money up here, winters aren't too terrible and I must say I love the privacy up here, no one in your business and people just stick to themselves, I actually like that
  • I was born in anchorage. We have property in chickaloon :)
  • @emmalee7 you in ak still? I was born and raised here :)
  • I'm from here, born and raised.
  • I'm coming up there in december but my son might stay wit his grandma for a month just so we can get things together at the house but idk if I want him gone for that long lol. But I would love to hang out and do things, hate just siting around and I'm a shy person so it would b hard for me to make friends lol
  • @Jay_july1 we def can hang! :) and my husbands mom is coming to help us so I'm glad for that lol- but I know that leaving a baby is hard, I'm sure you'll figure out whats best :)
  • Cool!! Well keep in touch!!!
  • @Jay_july1 no problem, I shall do that!! what's your name btw? Mines Kristen :)
  • Andrea but most ppl just call me dre...do yu work?
  • Nice to meet you! :) lol Yup I work for a cell phone company in a business department call center. Stressful but its union so it pays really well. Do you?
  • Rite now I don't but I plan to after my son is born...hate siting around not doing anything lol