38 week growth ultra sound 8 lb 12 oz!

edited August 2011 in Giving birth
The sono lady said the machine was the latest on technology & its margin of error is only about 10 oz give or take. Which means little Hadley isn't so little. She could be anywhere between 8-9 lbs & I still have 2 wks to go!.has anyone else been in this situation? My dr said he can't really talk about induction yet because I'm only dialated 1 finger tip, he said in order for it to work well for a ftm I need to be dialated more. He is talking about the possibility of a c section if I'm unable to deliver vaginally, the good news is he's not letting me go past my due date! So the longest I have is 13 days! Just looking to see if anyone else has ben in the same boat & what your plan is. Or if anyone has any ideas to dilate me more by monday so I can be induced. (ps sex has out of the question)

Comments

• i haven't been in the same boat personally, but when my hubby was born he was 11lbs 9oz. she was able to give birth vaginally. actually, she had him all natural, no drugs at all. and she's a hemopheliac lol.
  • Our bodies are made to deliver different sizes and weights of babies. Don't be fooled by what drs say, they like things scheduled & to be paid more.
  • Plus there are other positions to give birth in that open up the pelvis 30% more than laying on your back.
  • @everyone thanks for your advice, im just worried since I have such a small torso pelvic area, plus I can't go on much longer like this, she is so heavy to carry around!