glucose screening...yuck !

edited August 2011 in Second Trimester
Any of u ladies already have your glucose screening? Why do I not remember having to get 2 blood tests?

Comments

• Any of u ladies already have your glucose screening? Why do I not remember having to get 2 blood tests?
  • I only got one..?
  • I had it yesterday. Wish they would have told me beforehand cuz I ate a bag fritos and thing of starburst lol it wasn't as yucky as I remember it(orange). They took 4 vials of blood and I was supposed to have other blood work done but dr said 2 weeks from now. Then again the "schedule lady" tried making an appointment for a glucose test...der lady I JUST did it lol so who knows..they always take so much I joke they're really cloning robots lol
  • Ya now they're telling me only 1 and the nurse said 2?
  • Ooh starburst sound yummy :)
  • edited August 2011
    I just did my one hour today. I only had one draw (3 vials of blood) an hour after I drank the yummy Orange drink. Did you feel nauseous at all? I went about 2 hours after I woke up, so I hadn't eaten in 16 hours, so maybe that's why. I wasn't trying to fast for it...it just worked out that way.
  • Ooh starburst sound yummy :)
  • Sorry my phone is retarded. @soon2bemomof2under2 I didn't feel sick but my throat felt super dry.
  • I will have 2 done. I had one done early at 11w but that's becuz diabetes runs heavily in my family so I had to get checked early and will have another at 27w.
  • I've had one 1 hour and three 3 hour screens done because of the severity of my last pregnancy and gestational diabetes. Luckily I managed to completely avoid diabetes again with thus pregnancy! ;) Best wishes Hun.
  • Well I'm sorry ladies, it will be nice when its all over huh:)
  • The nurse called me last night and said my 1 hour result was 142, just 2 points higher than the cut off (I guess 140 is the cut off, but anything higher than 130 can put you at risk for GD). She said my OB will talk to ne about it at my appt next week. Let me know about yours!
  • I had one done and it was a drop of blood.
  • How far along do you have to be to have the test done?
  • Around 27 weeks or so