Benjamin's Post Mortem Results..

edited August 2011 in Loss
So, in 10 hours Andy and I are supposed to be receiving Benji's Post Mortem results.

I've spent the last 10 weeks and 3 days wondering what caused our beautiful baby boy to be born sleeping. Yet now it's 10 hours away I almost feel I could keep waiting. There are so many "what if's" in my mind.. The biggest "what if" is what if we can't have another baby?

I don't know if I'm strong enough right now for more bad news. I'm so confused right now, an emotional mess on the edge of a breakdown. Aaaargh! :'(

Comments

• good luck mama i know it will be hard but my heart goes out to u and your family and ill be praying everything goes ok. if you need anyone to talk to im here. good luck keep us updated
  • My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope you get the answers you need.
  • ((hugs)) I hope you get conclusive answers as to why Benjamin passed. Take one moment at a time, don't overwhelm yourself.
  • Be strong just know those a bunch of women here if you need us at anytime.I'll be praying that you get the answers you need to be able to start the healing process
  • I hope you are able to get results that allows you to be able to have more children. I am very sorry for your loss. I hope getting the answers you have been looking for gives you peace.
  • Praying for you and your family. God Bless.
  • @mummylady83 don't ever let a dr.tell you that you can't have more. I was told six years ago that I would never get pg and if by some miracle I did I would miscarry in the first tri well I am almost.23 weeks with my very active and very health little boy and my old boss had her perfectly healthy son at the age of 43 when the docs told her she never would/could have babies. Keep your head up and just know that benjamin will be watching over you andwhen you get pg again he will help your next little one too.
  • I saw this posted the other day and it touched my heart, I would like to share it with you!

I thought of you and closed my eyes, And prayed to God today. I asked what makes a Mother, And I know I heard him say: A mother has a baby, This we know is true. But, God, can you be a mother, When your baby's not with you? Yes, you can he replied, With confidence in his voice. I give many women babies, When they leave is not thier choice. Some I send for a lifetime, And others for a day. And some I send to feel your womb, But theres no need to stay. I just don't understand this God, I want my baby here. He took a breath and cleared his throat, And then I saw a tear. I wish that I could show you, What your child is doing today, If you could see your child smile, With other children who say: We go to earth and learn our lessons, Of love and life and fear. My mommy loved me oh so much, I got to come straight here. I feel so lucky to have a mom, Who had so much love for me. I learned my lessons very quickly, My mommy set me free. I miss my mommy oh so much, But I visit her each day. When she goes to sleep, On her pillow's where I lay. I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek, And whisper in her ear. "Mommy don't be sad today, I'm your baby and I'm here." So you see my dear sweet one, Your children are Ok. Your babies are here in My home, They'll be at heavens gate for you. So now you see what makes a mother. It's the feeling in your heart. It's the love you had so much of, Right from the very start. Though some on earth may not realize you are a mother, until their time is done. They'll be up here with Me one day, And you'll know that you're the best one!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thinking of you! I've read your posts before so I'm just as nervous as you are. Please stay calm.
  • Stay strong Hun... I know its hard. Please update when u can and maybe some pregly's can help!! That's the great thing about being on here... so many have through so much. Prayers to you...
  • @landynplus1momma @justkirarenee @Oregonmama @jaime77 @kristaf22 @whozdher @bigmamak @ash1la @ @junebuggbabie85 @Cmasat4 @MrsG @USMCwifemommy101107 @one5one @mrsrocketfield1221

Thank you all.

So, we've got the results.

Benjamin DID only have 1 kidney, it WAS polycystic AND non-functioning. The issue with the kidney DID cause the immature bladder AND lack of fluid. The lack of fluid WOULD have caused Benjamin to die before 30+ weeks due to his vital organs being compressed. Also the lack of fluid meant his lungs WOULD NOT have functioned outside of me. Benjamin WOULD have died if born after age of viabilty.

The reason: I got pregnant sooner than planned and my diabetes wasn't under control, as I was still awaiting a start date for my insulin regime. Although my diabetes was under control by insulin at the end of February, the damage had already been done.

Another issue was drs prescribed me 0.5mg of folic acid rather than the 5mg they should have been. Either factor on their own may have caused defects, however both together caused a fatal abnormality.

The outcome then is that we made the RIGHT decision. :( We can try again which is :) news. We MUST wait until dec to ttc :-\ news. Nothing we can do can ever bring back our beautiful boy :'( xx
  • @mummylady83 I am so sorry for what you and your family have been through....I am glad you got your answers though.......
  • im glad that you can ttc again. waiting until december doesn't necessarily have to be a negative. know that you can get through the holidays, save money for baby items and your non- morning sickness abilities. then come a new year, a new start and you can come to terms with and accept benjamin's circumstances. get all of your meds under control and know that you can move forward!
  • Thanks for tagging me with the update. I am so happy that you guys can try again and can't imagine what you guys have gone through. My prayers are with you and your family! Why do you have to wait til Dec. To try again?
  • Oh im sorry. I've been waiting to find out. Sometimes its just Gods will. At least u can rest assure it wasn't anything u did.
  • Mama im so sorry for everything you are going through have gone through and will go through your family will forever be in my thoughts and my prayers now having said that im glad you got the answers and found out out that the decision you made was the right one not that it will make you feel any better but at least u have answers. im so glad to hear it wasnt genetic and that you WILL be able to have more babies in the future, i hope you stay in touch because i would want nothing more than to hear the beautiful news that you have been blessed with another baby take care and enjoy your family try to relax and dont stress i know easier said than done but if you NEED anything i am always here! xoxo
  • So sorry momma. But like you said you did the RIGHT thing & ur beautiful babyboy is with angels. Hugs!
  • I am very glad to hear that you are able to try again! And Dec is not so far away! I am very sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy but I am glad you made the right decision! I wish you the best in the future and hope you conceive easily and carry to term a healthy baby!
  • I'm glad t you got the answers you need. Just know he's in good hands waiting and being for taken good care of waiting for you when your ready to go home too.
  • @ash1la, I need to take 5mg of folic acid and have my diabetes under control for minimum of 3 months to ensure a minimum risk of it happening again..
  • Oh ok. Dec will be here before you know it and if waiting means that the risk go down than its worth the wait. Once again I am sorry for your loss but at the same time glad you got some much needed answers!
  • Please hang in there. I am very sorry about your loss but I am glad to finally have some closure as to why your little babyboy passed. Healing takes time and take all the time you need. You will be in my prayers
  • edited August 2011
    @mandac10 I dont think happy is the right word, but I can now live with the decision that we made. As a wise woman on here once told me; I did the unselfish thing and set Benji free. He didn't feel any pain and he didn't suffer.

@Oregonmama thank you for every bit of help and support you have given me, I'm not sure how I would've coped without being able to talk to you. You are a strong mama and I am so truely thankful.

@Landynplus1momma @HisMom20 @Bigmamak @whozdher @ash1la @SalasMommy Thank you so much mama's I really appreciate all the support you have all given us the last 10 weeks. It seems like a lot longer than that to be honest, but I am eternally greatful to everyone on here who has commented, supported or even silently followed the discussions & prayed for us.
  • You are a very strong lady!! December is only 19 weeks away.
  • @Monkeyandpumpkinmom that just made me smile, thank u :) x
  • Diabetes is very scary! I'm type 2 & thank goodness its under control & has been for years! I started ttc in October & that's when dr put me on prenatal vitamins. I'm on metformin not insulin though. Try taking prenatals now to prepare for ttc in Dec. As it may help. Where's your diabetes at? What's the A1c? My A1c is 5.6 & has been there for a few years. I wish you much luck in ttc again. & in finding peace after your loss of your precious baby! You made the right decision for you & baby Benjamin. I hope you get your diabetes undercontrol before trying ttc again. God Bless You & Your Family!!!!
  • well, as hard as it is, i'm glad that you now have your answers and pray your heart can begin to heal a bit further. he will always have a huge part of your heart, as he should, but try to take care of YOU now, and your family, so you can grow and strengthen from this. now you have the chance to really get healthy, and educated, and try for another blessing in december!! it wont be far off at all... so that this as your opportunity! big hugs to you, stay strong and lean on those you love!! hug your oldest and be thankful. take the time to set goals for yourself, inside and out. health wise, emotionally, and even make a list of the little things in life to enjoy!! i just did that... <3 much love. >:D< rest in peace benjamin. O:)

some of my list:
    ride in the car with a meaningful song playing loudly and the windows rolled down while ur driving along so u can feel the wind in your hair

lay in the grass under a tree and let the sun kiss you. look up.

take a walk/run all by yourself in a beautiful place and just allow your own thoughts entertain you

buy something little, that has meaning to you

find something that encourages you...