bowling?

I'm 14 wks n my fiancee's company is having a picnic n they're going bowling... but he doesn't think I should try cause of straining throwing the ball... its a 5lb ball. I think I should be ok but i figured id see if anyone knew or had an answer or idea

Comments

• All the sites I have seen say it's okay. Just take breaks if you get tired.

http://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-safety/bowling-during-pregnancy
  • You'll be fine. I went sometime in may(I'm 26w today) and bowled with a 7 lb ball, I didn't push I wasn't trying to bowl well..I was able to do 2 full games but it took a lot out of me lol we played 3 but I skipped one whole game and took a couple breaks/skipping turns for my second game.
  • ok thank u ladies I will try n definitely take sum breaks :)
  • I went bowling regularly in my last 2 pregnancies. I didn't bowl in the last month because my balance was a little off and increased the risk for falling, and I had back pain with my 2nd.

I say have fun!... Unless you are high risk or have some other medical restrictions. Maybe check with your dr.
  • I went bowling when I was like 14 weeks and it was okay :) The only problem I had was my boobs had gotten so big that they got in the way and I did awful lol
  • I'm 29 weeks & I go bowling like 3 times a week & use a 10 pound ball & it is okay. Lol
  • I'm 34 weeks and I'm bowling on Sunday and i have been bowling before this too and. I'm fine I use a 10 lb too
  • Bowling pregnant is fine as long as you know you limits. I went along with some other pregnant friends and we had a blast. I am pretty sure my 7 yr old niece was better than all of us but she said gutter balls were ok with our bellies getting in the way. :)
  • ok thank u all! I'm really excited now! I haven't been bowling in like 3 years so I know I'm gonna suck but at least hopefully ill have fun :)