How long did you nest before you had your baby

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
Just wondering

Comments

• edited August 2011
    With baby #1 I started at 33 weeks, but was in full on nesting mode at 36 weeks. I shampooed all the carpets in the house, washed all the curtians, washed the walls and baseboards...all in one evening. I'll never forget that night...I washed the walls!!!! Ha! I delivered her on her due date.

With this one, baby #2, I feel it starting now and I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow.
  • I am 30 weeks and it has started. I dont remember when it started with my other 3 kids
  • Mine must have started because my house has been staying so much cleaner haha and im 31+3
  • With my first son I started at 35 weeks. This time around I started at 32 weeks
  • I'm 35+1 weeks and all the sudden have so much energy, to the point where I can't sleep.
  • It's been different with all of my pregnancies. The first time around 30 weeks, the second time around 35 weeks, and with the third I NEVER got the nesting instinct! I kept waiting for it to kick in and it never did! I am really disappointed that it didn't... and I am sure that my hubby is too! lol... Enjoy it, momma!
  • I've started a little at 26 weeks. I'm trying to take it slow because I know if I get it all done too early, I'll want to redo it later.
  • I'm 39 weeks and i have NO "sudden burst of energy" .... grrr i need to get this place ready and I'm soooo tired
  • @bellareust i am the same! So much needs doing but i am so tired and the heat is no fun and not helping!
  • I'm the same as @sands3 I want to do soooo much now .. but I know ill just have to do it all over again closer to my dd. So I'm just doing little things.
  • I can't remember with my other 2 how long or when it started. But I'm 35 weeks and waiting for it to kick in, but I'm to tired too! I have an 8yr old ss 6yr old dd and a 4yr old dd. I just don't have the energy to do anything. And I know whatever I clean will get destroyed anyway. I can't wait to deliver. Maybe it'll kick in then! Hahaha!
  • @mrr2114 I have a 4 yr old and 1 year old. Everything does get destroyed but I can't sleep if its not clean.
  • I'm 35 weeks and I've been nesting for a couple weeks now. Last night I tackled the mountain of laundry in my bedroom. I sorted it all into bags (we have coin laundry at my apartment), put all the clean stuff away, and put the hand wash stuff into its own pile. I reorganize my baby stuff every night too! Nesting is kind of fun, but it drives my husband nuts!
  • I don't ill ever start to do it. I'm Sooo tired all the time.
  • Just spent 5 hours straight cleaning without even stopping to eat! I feel like I'm going to drop. Rest is in order for the rest of the day I think!