So my blood test came back... :(

My blood has come back positive for being a carrier of cystic fibrosis.

Comments

• I will see a high risk doctor and my hubby is being tested
  • All i know is it is a deadly diease and most kids who have it live painful and rarely live past 10
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My cousins daughter has CF. She's 3.5 right now. I was told both parents have to be carriers in order for the baby to get it and then there is like 25% chance of it being passed down. They have 3 kids 1 has CF the other 2 are carriers. Good luck mama!
  • I watched a programme on this a few years ago. The kids need regular physio to help remove the mucous that builds up in their lungs but thought it said the life expectancy was higher, 20ish years, and if they can get a heart and lung transplant its even longer! Treatments are advancing all the time, as I said this was a few years ago and I can't remember it all. Hopefully your partners results are negative, and this will all just be a scare hun. If his are positive there is a 25% chance of the baby having it, 50% of the baby being a carrier and 25% chance of nothing wrong! Good luck, I hope its all ok
  • Thanks so much @MrsG and @bigmamak i am sorry to hear that and thanks for the support
  • So my full tests came back and my hubby is not a carrier so the baby will be fine :)