Wild Fire Threatens Central Oklahoma **UPDATED W/ PICS!**

edited August 2011 in Current Events
SO! I just got home from my baby shower half an hour away...... and then come to find out, there's a massive wild fire about 2 miles from my apartment! I'm scared and very worried, but trying to keep physically calm to keep the stress away from my baby. So far it looks like we'll be okay, but panic is just a turn away. Not only is all of my clothes and new baby supplies (including her bed!) here at the house, but my car, and my friend from out of state's car, too! AND my new apartment is right down the road and it's just bleh! :'(

Comments

• Praying you guys stay safe!
  • stay safe! I hope your neighborhood stays out of the danger zone
  • @bigmamak I do, too! I know it sounds silly to be so worried about material things, but I know me and my family will be safe. :( We keep ourselves well informed about every little move the danger makes.
  • doesnt sound silly at all. I am sure yoru first priority is your own safety but material things cost a lot of money!! Those would be second on my mind also . Lets hope the worry is for nothing and you and your possessions stay safe!
  • aww im praying for you guys.. Wild fires are so scary.. Keep the news on!!
  • Are you in Sandsprings? I heard teyvhad something crazy going on. :( they usually get that stuff under control pretty quick! I remember one summer there were tons of fires! I don't remember there being any homes that got caught up though. Don't worry. :) everything will be fine!
  • Whr r u at? The city?
  • edited August 2011
    Its storming here in tulsa....FINALLY!! This draught has been killin us
  • @Sydneyleann23 No, I'm in Edmond. And I live really close to the fires! They're about a mile away. :( And I'm close to the heart of town, too.... they've already claimed some mobile homes! Current location is about 3/4 of a mile away from the UCO campus, new apartment is about 1 block from UCO.... the fires are about 2-3 miles east of UCO.

I'll post some pics we took from the balcony.
  • Oh no! I've never heard of one that bad. :( well, i guess pack a few bags and throw them in the car just Incase. Better safe than sorry and its best to expect the worst and hope for the best. :/ just try not to stress too much.
  • @sydneyleann23 Things are looking better.... the smoke plumes are down to where we can't see them now, and it's still raining pretty heavily. So my complex is drenched!

Thanks girls for the thoughts and prayers!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jeez! That's scary!
  • @blueberrysmom It definitely is! But like I said, it's raining pretty heavy now, so I'm hoping things will be okay.
  • Those are sad, but great pictures! Yay for rain!!!! My folks are so excited to have it! I don't live in OK anymore, but summers like this keep me from missing it!
    Im glad it didn't reach you!
  • Those are some crazy pictures. Have things calmed down any?
  • edited August 2011
    @1stWoodsBaby yes, they got the fire all put out. And today has only hit 90! And it is still raining! We spent an hour outside... 90 is a lot better than 113! Lol. =)

But I would like everyone to please extend a prayer or thought out to all those who lost their homes in the fires.