My Baby Shower *with Pics*

edited August 2011 in Baby showers
It was GREAT!!! SUCCESS, no horror story here! 30 people came and they got the memo about the registry :) I registered for so much stuff though, so there are still things I need to buy. EVERYTHING went smooth.

The 'theme' was kinda like a clothes-line theme. We hung Jordan's clothes on a line on the windows and had those tissue paper pom pom ball things. For the centerpieces, we did mason jars w/simple white/green carnations/daisies tied with ribbon. They each had a lottery ticket inside the envelope. They were prizes too. I also made a 'wishing tree'. The sign said "Welcome to the wishing tree. Please write a word of advice or wisdom for the Mommy to Be". The favors were miniature honey jars that said "a baby boy, what could be sweeter". For the games, we ended up doing a lot more games last minute. I'm not big on them, but turned out we had a TON of prizes and no way to give em out (20 prizes, including the 10 centerpieces). My mom is a sucker for the traditional games, so in the end, I gave in and said 'whatever you want' :). She was happy and I really did have fun playing the games, I think it really depends on the crowd.

I think the best part was the cake. My cousin is a pastry chef and is soon going to be opening up her own shop in Virginia. I gave her some ideas for the cake and what she made was everything I invisioned! IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! Perfect.. amazing. I was so impressed and so was everybody else. The flavor was awesome too! I asked for white cake with lemon custard and raspberry preserves. Lemon/Raspberry. mmm...

So gift wise.. My parents got me a pack/play and convertible car seat. My hubby's aunts chipped in and bought me a glider. His sisters bought me the matching ottoman. I am sooo happy to have a comfy chair for feeding and reading later. Got a lot of everything else.. I need to buy more diapers (didn't get very many?), a pump, the infant seat/stroller and some other random stuff.

All in all it couldn't have gone better and I'm quite happy with the loot lol

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comments