WTFeezy!! so somebody pls explain the diff between bhs and real contractions

edited August 2011 in September 2011
Pls explain the difference besides pain level. Some ppl are pain tolerant. Been having them quite often along with minimal cramping like aunt flo is coming. Advise pweeez I'm 35 weeks and 4 days

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Well people say bh dont hurt.. Mines are painful.. The diff is that bh dont dilate you.thats according to a nurse on labor and delivery
  • I'm 37+ and havent had either. Sure would like to know what to expect.
  • real contractions are more consistant with timeing.. but thats not always true.. if you feel like youve been having cramping and contractions for a few hours i would go to LD because its better to be safe than sorry.. they will monitor to make sure babys not stressed and to see if its real labor.. good luck.. i know your lil one probably needs another wk or so i didn have painful contractions till after my water broke and that was about 5hrs into my labor.. so you never know
  • As @janet_2011 said apparently bh dont hurt (mine hurt like a bitch) but if your concerned just call l&d and ask them, I wouldnt know if mine is real or bh and im on baby number 3. Sorry I cant be more help
  • @lae3 I was in l&d last thursday for swelling and they hooked me to the bby monitor and said I'm okay and sent me on my way....lol this is a new feeling but I hate to be hooked to all tht crap just to be snt on my merry way again....I have a regular appt thursday so I may wait until then unless it changes but baby still squirming around so hopefully he doesn't try any funny stuff lol
  • your bodys probably prepping for the real thing then.. i know mine doesnt like when i have bh.. he readjusts after each one.. its funny
  • edited August 2011
    If u can do anything to change the pattern its BC like walking lying down etc
  • edited August 2011
    @pookypoo22 u yook the question right out of my mouth because I was told bh dont hurt so wen I had contractions they lasted 2-3mins but they were 5 mins apart And were for 3hrs and im like you hate going to l&d just so you can get sent home. I waited till the next morning because I had a doctor apt n wen he checked I was not dialated at all. Talking about pissed I was like there is no way you telling me all that pain was bh and I am very pain tolerant.
  • @First_tyme lol its bad tho bcuz they hook me up too all friggin monitors...leave me there for 30 mins and say "ur fine, babys fine...jusyt a few more weeks and he'll be here" that's not very comforting lmao
  • Real contractions start in the front and go to the back. I dont care how pain tolerant you are, when they become consistant they are like no pain you have ever felt. Bh just feel like menstural cramps.
  • Try drinking some fluids?
  • I never had "real contractions" that started in the front, never had BH with my first... even when I was in labor, it was all back labor... so it's really hard for someone to explain bc every woman is different. With this pregnancy, I feel more, and would also like to know what the difference is! I guess if you are really uncomfortable, call your doc or head in!
  • Its all painful lol
    I've been getting bh for abt 2 months now and I have 3 1/2 weeks left. They hurt and I can barely breathe thru them but no sign of labor smh its a mess!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was having period like cramps two days ago, yesterday i got checked and was 3cm dilated and 50% effaced, my dr said that i was having regular contractions. I didnt know thats what they felt like.
  • if you have contractions they will progressively get stronger and closer together and they dont let up.. they will be very consistent. also most women find it hard to breathe normally thru real contractions and even hard to walk or move. you literally just stop where you are and close your eyes and breathe in slowly counting 1.2.3.4. and out 1.2.3.4. that is the only thing that got me thru mine with my son!! and i thought that whole process was super easy :) but you will know! its part of those instincts!!! and youre almost there!!!!

if you have bh they will be all different levels of pain but they will not be regular or consistent and they will usually just come and go. just drink lots of water and take warm baths and just relax they will usually just go away and eventually come back and go away. but you will be able to tell the difference :)

both of them cause your stomach to get hard like a rock because bh are preparing your uterus for labor. you will know the difference i promise!!