Can't agree where to have my shower.. (a little venting)

edited August 2011 in Baby showers
My bf wants me to have it at his parent's house just because he wants his whole family to be there, my mom wants me to have it at her house because she's more comfortable here and our house is so much bigger and is better for entertaining people. Personally I don't care too much, I would rather be at my mom's because I live here and I'm comfortable, plus she just built a new deck that's HUGE and our upstairs just got remodeled and it looks really nice, I think she wants to show it off a little lol. Our house is a bit messy, but I think we could get it cleaned up and I feel like we would be out on the deck most of the time. My bf house is a lot smaller and I always hate when their whole family is over because there are people everywhere and I end up locking myself in my bf room to get away from them (I get really bad anxiety around a lot of people I don't know super well) so I just feel like it would be more comfortable for everyone if we had it at my house.. but my bf is insisting at his (the only reason his opinion matters is because I said we were having a shower for US not just me so I'm not the total center of attention)

Comments

• Your boyfriends opinion is important, HOWEVER, he isnt pregly! :) So you should have it where youre confortable! Plus, it sounds as though her house is more convieniant and better!! I have reallly bad anxiety like that too! I hope it all works out and youre happy with your shower!
  • @usafwife_21 Thanks :-) I just hope that I can convince him, he always wants to do stuff like this at his house, but I just want it my way this one time! He should be understanding of me wanting to be as comfortable as possible especially since he knows how I get around big groups of people.
  • I def say have it where you are comfortable. At your own house I say. Especially since you have more room :)
  • @bigmamak That's what I'm sayin! Especially since he feels the need to invite everyone in his family, it's not like his family, my family, and our friends will all be very comfortable at his house anyways!
  • tell him to stop being stubborn and be practical lol
  • @bigmamak If only, he's one of the most stubborn people I've ever met, it takes a lot of effort to reason with him. Plus he has it out for my mom a little (she's an alcoholic and gets a little out of control sometimes, but she wouldn't do that at my shower) so I just don't think he wants his family at her house.
  • lol thats men for you.