HELP! I need to identify this fruit?! It was sooo yummy! lol!

edited August 2011 in Food
I went to Splash Frozen Yogurt yesterday with my friend, and they had this container of weird yellow globules of something that we weren't real sure of what it was. It was near the fruit, and smelled citrus-y, so I put a few into my bowl and moved down the line. They were pale golden yellow and they weren't all uniform (as many fruits aren't), and had a juice in the container with them. When we sat down, it was the first thing I tried. I popped one into my mouth, and found it had a silky texture to the skin.... the same silky texture that other citrus pulp has (such as grapefruit and oranges).... but they were large! Like, the size of marbles. When you busted the pulp skin (which was resilient but gave way easily), the inside (no seed) was sorta thick and... well, silky! It had a mild citrus flavor, but not one I could identify. Kinda lemony and orangy and... something else? I'm not real sure! But it was VERY yummy, and a LOT of fun to eat! I wish I had gotten more of them! But I have NO idea what kind of fruit it was! Most of the pieces were perfectly round or oval, but some had a short pointy part (which lead me to believe it was the pulp of something)....

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS WAS?! I WANT MORE! lol!

(And yes, I realize *now* that experimenting with unknown food (even fruit) isn't smart during pregnancy... I just didn't think about it at the time. I kinda wanna know if I shouldn't have eaten it. :-S )

Comments

• edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Idk but it sound yummy!! Bump! Hopefully someone can figure it out
  • I have no idea what it sounds lol but it does sound SUPER yummy! :)
  • Call them and ask them.
  • @caffeinated_katie No, I looked that up. It looks like the pulp for that has a dark seed in it or something. This was 100% pure pulp pieces, no seed... like grapefruits. :) Good guess, though!

@caroline8_p I thought about that... lol. But the lady who checked us out barely spoke english. All she said was our total and pointed to the credit card machine. lol. She was foreign... some type of asian? (I really am no good at identifying different races! D: I try to avoid it when possible.)
  • Sounds like maybe a cumquat. Real name, even though it looks weird. ;)
  • Was it and Ugli Fruit? Thats what it kinda sounds like to me...
  • @RTMommy Not a cumquat... looked at that, too. :)

@MommyofAngels Hmm, not that, either...

(I'm looking up each suggestion as it comes along. lol. None of them match, but keep guessing ladies! I'll keep looking them up and seeing what I can find!)
  • Pomegranite?
  • Was it a Star Fruit? lol
  • Okay...how about lychee? It doesn't have the right color skin, but it's popular at tea and yogurt shops these days.
  • @biffymnstr Definitely not a pomegranate... those are my favorite fruits. :D

@MommyOfAngels Nope. Star fruits were described as crunchy. This was definitely soft. lol. Any other thoughts?
  • @RTMommy No, ma'am. But I do want to try those. :D lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Idk where ur at state wise but here in hawaii we have tons of those build ur own yogert places. Anyways I think I know what ur talking about. Was it a little round ball aroud the size of a marble and when u put pressure on it it poped or exploded right
  • Are the ones you ate smaller than a marble but round like one?
  • Is it a rambutan?? Theyr really sweet and juicy! The outside is crazy looking but the fruit inside is kindof what u described
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mandac10 I look dumb now lol
  • @mandac10 YES! :D
    @kara_lamek Maybe a little bit, yeah.
  • No u don't bit if its what I think it is its not a fruit at all lol! They t by the fruit but they r like a juice filled tiny ball that's only purpose is to pop juice in ut mouth. There really neat n taste great! They r at all the lil yogurt bars here on the island but the way u said thy pop that's wha I think it is. Almost looks like a berry in a way but its a man made prossesed treat. I forgot the name of them
  • @mythica I didn't know she posted it lol I was typing mine. And we have them at ours too. We have pink ones and orange ones.
  • @kara_lamek that's what im talking about! We have those! Its not a fruit its a juice fills ball cause my husband asked the worker what it was. I can't remember what its called
  • @Mandac10 and @Karalamek Well, then don't I feel silly! lol. But I swear they reminded me of pulp from a citrus fruit!
  • Pomagranite?? Cactus fruit?? Guava?? Or call the place and ask!!
  • @one5one Lol! I think we came to the conclusion that it's manmade. xD
  • I think they call them popping bobos...at least that's what they call them here:)
  • I think they call them popping bobos...at least that's what they call them here:)
  • Manmade??? Wow!! Next time if you go try to take a pic! I wanna see this manmade concoction.
  • Chironja?

Google image.

Or any if these?

http://www.tntisland.com/fruits.html