Hormones, crappy people or what??

edited August 2011 in Baby showers
My baby shower for friends is on Aug 21st. It is both for my husband and myself at his bar so we can both celebrate our baby girl coming into this world. We invited a.bunch of our close friends and I am starting to get REALLY pissed off. 1-My supposed bff that's throwing it sucks. She volunteered and so far hasnt done anything bcuz she's very self centered and I've already ented about this on here and everyone has told me to cut my ties. 2-All my hubby friends have.RSVP'd and are super excited to come. All my close friends who were super excited before are now like "oh Idk if I can make it bcuz of work and blh blah blah". THIS IS MY FIRST BABY!! I NEVER SEE ANY OF U ANYMORE BCUZ I LIVE A.WHOPPING 30 MINS AWAY AND NONE OF U CAN DRIVE DOWN HERE (I can't drive.bcuz of my diagnosis for the last two months) JUST TO SAY HELLO OR WATCH A MOVIE AND NOW URE TELLING ME U CAN'T COME TO A SHOWER YOU'VE KNOWN ABOUT FOR A MONTH AND A HALF?!?! Seriously??? Put a little f'ing effort into it and get one of the many people u work with to trade u shifts. At least pretend like u care. Hhhhhhhhh!!!! I HATE all my friends right now!!

People who aren't even working are telling me maybe, Idk. Wth?!?!

Comments

• i know what you mean...i had a friend offer to do it for me..the offered to help..then now telling me shes gonna try to see me b4 my shower(Sept 3) as if Im gonna have my baby tmrw..i told her..no Im doing it myself..i will not depend one anyone "offering" to help me..there's always some reason why they can't..and yea like you said why can't they request the day off switch sifts...idk who's coming to my shower...but to whomever doesn't...boo to them!
  • That sucks. Tell your friend who's supposed to help that you're vetoing her planner duties and if she protests tell her she needs to get on the ball NOW or you're going to get help elsewhere. As for your other friends being flakey, ask them if there was a time that works for them to come out and see you. Tell them it really disapoints you they can't make the extra effort to be there for you on your special day, but would like it if they tried to make time for you at some point...I dunno. That last part is tricky. Id be pissed off too.
  • @nameless exactly. They make it sound like, "oh I got scheduled so I just can't make any effort to come" which is so disappointing. People on here keep telling me when u have a baby it really shows u who ur friends are... Mine are seriously dropping like flies. :-(

@rhiriot my friend planning the shower is supposed to be my best friend. I haven't seen her in two months. The only reason I saw her then was because she came for a mutual friends bday and I only saw her for 30 mins. Before that it was.a month and a half because I drove out to see her. She told me she was going to come down to see me last Thurs but then never called or anything. I can't drive anymore and im just... Disappointed. In everyone and everything... Maybe its hormones?? I talked to my husband about it all and he said not to worry about it. People will come around when the time gets closer (which is only a month), and if not, screw them. So then I think to cheer me up and take my mind off that we went shopping yesterday and spent $400 on essentials for baby because we realized most people probably wouldn't stick to our registry anyway... *sighs* I just want baby here so I can stop stressing about whether.my friends are friends or not and just love baby girl!
  • its true! ever since i had my son..i sometimes see my "friends"
  • That sucks sweetie. I'm sorry. I feel your pain. Best friends tend to freakout about babies if they don't have kids. I've already had two shy away since I told them I was pregnant. My other bff who has kids is the only one who hasn't ditched me and is planning the shower