2 Month Feeding Schedule

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
I know that every baby is different but about how much formula should a 2 month old drink and about how often? My daughters pediatrician told me 2.5oz every 3 hours and that just doesn't seem right at all. My daughter drinks almost 4oz every 3 hours.

Comments

• ur feeding is right find a new paediatrition lol
  • edited August 2011
    @bummy87 Thanks a lot for that and I most definitely will be looking for a new pediatrician. I felt like she's trying to make me starve my baby.
  • yeah I dunno y drs do stuff like that. if ur baby was breast fed u would have no idea of her intake. anyway ur doing good x
  • @bummy87 Thanks again :) I truly appreciate your input
  • edited August 2011
    My baby is 5 weeks old tomorrow and drinks 4oz per feeding. I agree with @bummy87.
  • My 5week old is,drinkn the same..4oz 2-3hrs
  • My son is 2.5 months old and breastfed. When he takes a bottle he eats about 3 oz.
  • My guess would be that your pediatrician was giving u the minimum amount your baby should be drinking. A lot of time they give u the minimum to make sure your baby is at least getting that much. That would be like 20 oz a day, ice head anywhere from 24oz to 36 oz a day being normal.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2011
    My daughter drinks 7oz every 3-4 hours.. haha. I guess she eats a lot. My pediatrician told me to feed her what she wants, on demand. So that's what I do. She's going to be 9 weeks this week
  • 4oz sounds right :)
    Jaden's 5weeks this is what he's on.
  • Thank you ladies. @Jaime77 @betty @txmoorekat @Beautiful_Altar @EiralynnesMommy @HomeBirthAdvocate @jbandno3 She told my baby is gaining too much weight. She was born June 1 weighing 8lbs 7oz and she now weighs 13lbs 4oz.
  • sounds right.. to me..
  • shes fine.. my son gained a pound a wk for a while his pediatrition wasnt concerned.. they level out. do you put cerial in the bottle cause ive heard it can cause that.. but your lil one is fine
  • The formula I buy has a guide on the back it says 4oz. My 2 month old eats anywhere between 2 and 8oz a feed.
  • edited August 2011
    Thank you ladies for your input it's greatly appreciated. @caffeinated_katie I think it's very crazy, her doctor tripping. @lae3 Yes she gets rice cereal because she has acid reflux and she spits up and it comes out of her nose, so her pediatrician told me put a scoop to give it some thickness. @bambi_bump How often does your baby eat? @Mommy2IsaiahNGiselle I think I'm going to continue to feed her 4oz because 2oz isn't enough at all.
  • @kcoolzchic - my baby also gets a spoon of rice cereal for thickness due to acid reflux. My pediatrician didn't seem too worried about her weight gain or the amount of food she is eating when we went to her 4 week check up. I am sure that your baby is perfect. That pediatrician, on the other hand, seems a little crazy!
  • edited August 2011
    @txmoorekat Ok now I really feel much better knowing that I'm not over feeding her seeing she has rice cereal. What kind of formulating does your baby girl drink? We've tried 3 formulas and now she drinks Similac Alimentum for babies with extra sensitive tummys and it stinks so bad.
  • edited August 2011
    My baby is drinking Enfamil Newborn. She seems to do well on the formula, but I may try switching her over to the Enfamil A.R., which is supposed to thicken in the baby's stomach to help with acid reflux and reduce spitting up.
  • i would say give her what she will take without overfeeding her and making her spit a lot of it up. but ped told me with my first, i breastfed btw, give what she needs. babies will binge occasionally. with my first she was very small- with my son he was huge. he was 20 lbs by about 10 months? every baby is different along with their feeding patterns.
  • @txmoorekat Her doctor had had me try Enfamil newborn, Enfamil gentlease & Enfamil nutramigen. None of them work. This milk she's drinking helped a little. I want to try the Enfamil A.R. also, yes I heard it does thicken because it's like added rice cereal already in it. I hope it works well for your baby girl. Whenever you try it let me know how it works for her if you remember and I'll let you know as well :)
  • @survivormommie3 Thanks a lot. I think my baby is just going to be a whopper. My mommy told me I was 20lbs at 4 months. I was huge and I don't want to have to carry a 20lb baby...Lol
  • I will let you know!!
  • @txmoorekat Okay, thanks again and enjoy your baby :)
  • Feed your baby when she's hungry. I think a lot of doctors want you to control feedings, because of the obesity rate...
  • hmm i dont know what the problem is.. sounds like the problem is your contridicting pediatrition..
  • @Fate I agree with you 101%. I'd rather her be an obese child then her looking malnurished. @lae3 I just don't get her. She only wants me to feed her 2oz but she wants me to give her cereal. So I'm like why not increase the intake amount minus the cereal. She said the cereal balances out but that's so untrue. I'm going to switch her pediatrician or at least get a second opinion.
  • I would.. Good luck..