Depressed...

So I had my baby 3 1/2 weeks ago, and I'm seriously depressed about my body and how disgusting I look. I gained 50lbs with this pregnancy, and have only been able to lose 20lbs so far. I'm sitting at 160. :( and have been for 2 weeks now. I have been breastfeeding, but I don't think it's helping with the weight loss anymore. I'm so depressed that I'm literally scared to eat because I don't want to gain anymore weight. I'm barely consuming 600 calories a day. I know that sounds terrible, but I can't STAND to see myself like this or have my husband see me like this. I have been supplementing baby with formula so she gets what she needs... but how can I move past this?? Does ANYONE out there feel this way? With my first baby I gained 90lbs, and within 3 months was back down to 120 and in a bikini, BUT NOW... I feel like I look like a monster. I know how selfish this sounds, so please don't judge me I just want to know someone out there shares the same feelings.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh man I felt like that until my six week appointment, when I got cleared to start working out again. I wish I could say something magical to make you feel better, but unfortunately, I know I can't. Starving yourself won't help you lose weight, it puts your body into starvation mode meaning gnarly your body will try to gold onto everything you eat, ie gain weight.
    So take things in moderation, and know that you are incredibly beautiful.
  • :/ I'm doing my best to stay positive but it seems impossible. 3 more weeks and I can be cleared to run
    I just feel like its so much harder this time.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I never imagined with my 2nd baby it would be so hard. Its terrible.
  • If you starve yourself your body will go into starvation mode and you will gainweight. 3.5 weeks is not very long. You will be fine. If it took you 3 months to lose the weight the first time you still have a lot of time.
  • It takes longer each time you give birth for your body to spring back sweetie. Some people have the lbs melt off others are just slower at shedding. Starving yourself isn't going to help becauseone day you'll break down and overeat and feel bad and keep that cycle going until your in the hospital for malnutrition. Eat healthy and have a little me time everyday and you'll be back to shape in no time! I believe in you, and plus we as women always think we look worse then we really do, especially when things aren't what we are used to..
  • I had my 4th baby 7 weeks ago. I feel like a heavy Im usually a 120lbs. Im 146lbs now. At end of pregnancy I was 175! I have no time to work out. Laundry is my workout :s. I feel u thou. But it sound like this is ur second? If so youll b fine. 3 or more is where it becomes tough. :)
  • Eat mini healthy meals, burns ur metabolism and keeps ur milk supply up. It's so frustrating looking at belly flab but it takes 10 months to grow our lil persons, 3 weeks isn't long doll! I am 5weeks pp and my middle needs work lol
  • I keep telling myself that... took 10 months to put it on... so it will take time for it to come off. Its so depressing though! Def. No more babies after this. Ugh! I hate looking in the mirror everyday.
  • How tall are u? Just trying to picture ur figure. I bet u don't look that bad.
  • I'm only 5' 4" ... 160 isn't good on my frame. My boobs are huge though I'm hoping that attributes to 10 of my pounds maybe. :( I was just so little after my first... got down to 119 at one point.. everyone I work with and my family (and husband) kept telling me how great I would look after baby 2 and how well I bounced back after my first... I feel like everyone thinks I'm a cow. Including my hubby. :( I don't want to go back to work because I know everyone expects me to be my same small self. I'm just a mess. :(