i'm going to starve to death( small vent)

edited August 2011 in Breastfeeding
So just got back from xavier doctor appointment since he is still fussy and taken dairy out of my diet( i'm breast feeding) and that's not working the doctor is having me take all possible foods he could have allergies to out of my diet which is nuts eggs shellfish soy and wheat. I'm gonna starve to death I don't like fish. So that limits me even more. Really want to continue but this is ridiculous.

Comments

• Oh man this happened with my first and nothing worked. She ended up having a sensitive digestive system that didn't clear up for about a year. I ended up having to switch to soy formula. It really sucked because I am really pro breastfeeding
  • also happened to me as well and my first was also put on soy.. dont feel bad.. you gave it a good try and mabey your boy just cant handle it.. its not ur fault
  • @ brittbeck it does suck we even r taking him off soy formula (we were supplementing on weekend night so I could get some sleep) and have him on this special formula for sensitive digestive
  • @lae3 thanks gonna try the diet just don't know how long I can do it really sleep deprived and frustrated.
  • I have to cut dairy out of my diet...my baby screams in pain when i feed him after ive had dairy. So i partial bf abd give him similac sensitive for babies with a lactose sensitivity. It helps him a lot.
  • Gave him the formula last night he slept three hours at a time that's the most sleep i've gotten since we came home. After some sleep maybe it won't be so bad.@ericak22 its nice to know that i'm not the only one that does both was worried about my milk production if I do both do you have any problems with that?
  • @stella i havent really had much problems with my milk production if i eat enough...only problem is i forget to eat being sleep deprived and a 4 week old attached to me when i do bf. I give him a bottle most of the day since i cant stay awake long enough to bf or when i slip up and eat dairy.
  • Mine will be 4 weeks tommorrow so I know what you mean I try to breastfeed all day the bottles at night but can't put him down formore than 5 mintues at a time.@ericak22