Bed rest is toxic to your mental health

edited August 2011 in High risk pregnancy
Laying here counting my split ends as tears fill up in my eyes. Third pregnancy on bed rest, you'd think I'd be used to it. NOPE! My depression is in full effect. Anyone else on bed rest going crazy?

Comments

• Been on besrest for 8 weeks an 6 weeks left. I get excited wen I go to my dr because its my weekly outing. Lol
  • Lol! I feel ya girl. Mine is hard to adhere to though because I have a 19mth old @ home with me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah those Dr trips are exciting!!! I always forget how bright it is outside!
  • I have had that kind of day also. Today is the first day through 6 weeks that I have just cried all day....doesnt help that I am home alone! Bedrest sucks sometimes!
  • Honestly I would be a bad bad if they put me on bed rest esp this late in the pregnancy... I wouldn't listen to em. I get too depressed being pregnant as it is let alone not being able to do anything... And I've been counting my split ends lately as well lol.
  • Don't cry hun! almost over. Will this be your last pregnancy?
  • U poor ladies! We all know I couldn't handle bed rest... my house would fall apart for one lol! Stay strong n try counting ur tile next... :p but really. I can't even watch tv for entertainment idk how u do it or what I would do!
  • I think my hardest part is my so.! He starts Junior High Monday and I want so bad to do all of the things WE usually do to get ready. I feel like I am failing him as a momma right now!
  • I hear you!!! I was put on modified bedrest last Tuesday at 27+2 and today my OB put me on strict bedrest at 28+2. I just keep having contractions :( Anyway...I'm going nuts! I just want to go for a walk, go to the mall, just do normal stuff!
  • Aww he's gotta understand tho..u can send his dad with him to buy supplies. My girl starts middle school too!
  • @emy and @mrsforesee thank God I'm not the only nut who is overly excited about the doctor. Do u get dressed up and put on makeup too?? I do!

@armymommy I have 6 and 8yo crazy boys. They help SOMETIMES but for the most part, they make this more difficult :(

@jaime77 LOL. That seems to be the famous question everyone has for me. I would like this to be my last because I can't seem to have a healthy pregnancy to save my life. But hubby wants a little princess so bad that I keep putting myself through this. We will find out in the delivery room if this is our last. If It's a boy, I'm only willing ONE more time!

@firsttimemommytobe well, if you go out to get one, bring one back for me. Hubby won't make anymore runs tonight and I can't get it myself :'(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Agreed. I'm losing my mind. And my depression is getting the best of me
  • Just got put on it today I have 10 weeks left.
  • I didn't know this baby is a surprise for you! Awesome, I only had 1 that way. Well in that case, hope for pink!! i had 3 boys 1 girl, I'm all done just got my tubal :)
  • edited August 2011
    Lol. Yes!!! I put on my jewelry too! Costume jewelry but yeah. Last time I even painted my toenails 20 minutes before leaving!
  • @mrsforsee :D I would paint my toenails if I could reach them! My high risk doc always tells me how awesome I look for being on bed rest...if he only knew ...
  • @cinnabon I do get all dressed up!!! Its exciting lol