Weird Craving for Smelling things?

edited August 2011 in Pregnancy symptoms
I absolutely LOVE the smell of plastic/petrol/new car/carpet/new shoes recently, when ordinarily I hate/dislike them... I was sitting in work before with a catalogue I got from the shop last night, and had to just whiff the pages for ages because the chemical smell was just so appealing.

Does anyone else get similar cravings? I feel like a weirdo!! haha. :-))

Comments

• I do and I've wondered the same thing! I love the smell of vick's vapor rub, rubbing alcohol & finger nail polish remover. I don't smell them since they are toxic, but it's weird how they smell SO good lately when I'm using them.
  • This pregnancy I've smelt everything a few times before eating it even if I know what it is. Lol.:)
  • I love the smell of car air conditioners when they first turn on and I've noticed I really like the smell of cans of snuff like skoal. It smells so good to me for some reason
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Me toooo! I like new car seats, leather, fabric softener, car air conditioners...everything! I just wanna smell stuff all the time.
  • And when I can't smell it, I get anxious and think about smelling stuff
  • Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I wonder if it means we are deficient in something? Weird lol x
  • I LOVED the smell of gas when I was pregnant! I got excited when out car needed gas so I could pump it :) Hahaha.