The TV show I didnt know i was pregnant

edited August 2011 in Birth Stories
Has anyone experienced this or know someone who has? This show trips me out because there is no way I wouldn't know I get pregnancy symptoms immediately and my belly always show at like 3 months lol so my pregnancy always seem like forever because I always know so early.

Comments

• I don't believe that show. I know everyone's pregnancy is different but come on. It blows my mind.
  • i dont want to sound mean but i call it I didnt know i was an idiot.. lol i hate how when theyve had a child and then they dont realize theyre in labor.. huh? ive seen woman that dont look pregnant though.. so that i believe.. but you dont notice the 6-8 lb mass in your tummy that moves around..lol.. and then when your baby comes out you let it fall in the toilet or the floor.. every woman whos had a baby knows theres a ring of fire.. i would have been investigating.. down ther.. and then they stare at the baby for a min.. like bit** yes you had a baby now pick it up!!!!
  • There's a girl on here who did, but I can't remember her screen name.

And we've discussed this show a bunch of times before. It's entirely possible to not know. My last pregnancy my bump was super small, I could hide it with a sweat shirt til the very end. My uterus is tilted and I had the placenta in the front, so I rarely felt kicks, never saw movement from the outside, and basically, could have explained what I did feel away as gas.

A lot of people have irregular periods, or period like bleeding well into there pregnancy. I had a "period" this time all the way until 16 weeks. I never had a Braxton Hicks or a real contraction before my induction last time either. Basically, if you aren't ttc or don't get some of the more obvious symptoms (like morning sickness til 24 weeks....I always know as soon as I start puking, lol!!) It's super easy to not find out until very late in your pregnancy.

It's when they get to delivering the baby at home that I get confused, because really, if I felt cramps like contractions and didn't think I was in labor, I'd be at the hospital in a heartbeat, lol!
  • That show gets me too! My husband thinks its fake. I just find it so hard to believe that you could be that oblivious to your own body. I understand some people don't show or get irregular periods but not to have any symptoms seems odd.

I just think it's so strange to be that out of tune with your body. I'm sure it does or has happened before to women but I definitely knew I was pregnant. lol

I still watch the show all the time though. :O
  • my former bff had a family friend who had 4 kids. her very last was her surprise. she had PCOS and her periods were always off and on and irregular. sometimes with the cysts she would bleed heavier than others. so she had a her periods about the same as she did when she wasn't pregnant. with her first her labor was only 4 hours. and her 3rd was barely 1 hr. so when she thought she had diarrhea she went to the bathroom and didn't feel right. when she thought her stomach was cramping due to diarrhea she felt her boobs leaking and thought she could be pregnant. her husband called an ambulance and she gave birth less than 10 minutes later in her hallway outside the bathroom.

i think it's possible but i do know some of those women on there are just flat out stupid. who loses their period and "doesn't feel pregnant" so they blow it off? idk about you all but i didn't believe i was pregnant with any of my 3, but a missed period (Even though mine are always irregular) the thought flies through my mind.
  • My sister had her son 13 years ago and she didn't find out until she was 7 months pregnant. You have to know your pregnant at some point.