High Blood Pressure

edited August 2011 in Third Trimester
Has anyone else ever experience gestational hypertension during pregnancy? My blood pressure has been borderline high throughout my pregnancy and the past couple of weeks has been high but my lab work and urine (no protein) are fine. I'm 34 weeks today and now being seen twice a week for NST's and doctor visits. My doctor says it's just pregnancy induced hypertension and is not preeclampsia. Have any of you mommas experience this during your pregnancy? Did you end up developing preeclampsia? Did you deliver early? Tell me about your experience.

Comments

• I'm having this issue right now. I'm only a wk ahead of you though. They've put me on strict bed rest though because my hands and feet have been abnormally swollen but without a reason they can find.
  • See and I don't have any other symptoms of pre eclampsia. No swelling, no headaches, nothing. I just hope my blood pressure doesn't continue to rise and don't develop pre-e. @rckprincess2
  • That's good that you aren't having any other symptoms. I don't know how pre-e develops so Idk.
  • I have had high bp with both of my pregnancies. The first turned into preeclampsia the second not.
  • edited August 2011
    I had it with baby #1. It was diagnosed at 24 weeks, but I was very swollen by 17 weeks. I started a bp medicine and monitored my bp at home twice a day. I also increaed my protein intake to 80-100 grams a day (helps with swelling). I had to do 24 hour urine tests every two weeks after a urine dip test at the office showed I had protein in my urine at 26 weeks. I wasn't officially preeclamptic until 38 weeks and then I was induced. My daughter was perfectly healthy. At 28+4 with baby #2 there's no sign of high blood pressure yet. I still check my bp every other day just to be safe.
  • @BeautifulAlter were you induced with the second? Also did you delivery naturally or csection?
    @Island_Mommie thank you. I'm not too worried because my doctor is really good at putting me at ease since everything else looks fine, including the baby. Thanks! :)
    @Soon2BMomOf2under2 I've done 3 24 hr urine test so far and I think I'm going to do another next week. I'll have to increase my protein intake too then.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.