What kind of exercises can I do??

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
I am 13 weeks. Before I got prego I would work out everyday. Run lift weights sit ups the full works. But when I found out I was prego I stopped because I was scard I would msc. I am gaining weight a lot faster then I should be and was woundering what excatly.can I and can I not do.

Comments

• Walking. Swimming. Yoga.
  • You can work out, just don't do it with full force. I do the step machine, the threadmill, the elipitical bike. It is a sitting down one. I am 6 weeks. Look online too, it will tell you lots of stuff:)
  • I would talk to your doctor and see what they might recommend. I was the same way before I got pregnant with all my kids and in between pregnancies I worked out all the time. I was still able to do alot of my work out but I couldn't lift weights or do sit ups. My doctor had actually referred me to a trainer that works with pregnant women and we came up with a work out that was safe for the baby and myself. So you could look in to something like that I think that's the safest way to go. Good luck and congrats to all of you ladies.
  • I agree with baby4ontheway. My work has a gym and they gave me a packet of what yo do or not to do. I am also going to talk to my dr when u I have my first apointment march 7th:)
  • @jodi102011 the trainer that I saw didn't cost me anything because it was covered under my insurance and it was a referral from my doctor. So you could look in to that with you insurance.
  • Oh ok, I have trainers at work so they help me but that's cool to know that's it covered by insurance.
  • Thanks I have a appointment with my doctor monday. Gots lots of questions to ask.
  • Im 20 weeks. I quit running when I found out I was Preg. Just power walk now and lift light weights at higher reps and do squats on a machine with lighter weight for more reps. Don't push yourself. Just take it easy and do enought to keep yourself in shape and feeling good.
  • Deep water jogging is amazing. Most others there are senior citizens, Haha. But its no impact, plus it helps lift the baby off you for a bit, which can really help if you have back pain. & in all honesty, its a decent work out!!
  • Kegal exercise! Haha. Google it. It's when that muscle that can stop your urine. You hold it for a couple seconds and then release. It helps labor and for not tearing.
  • I'm on a bike right now :-)
  • Yeah your supposed to discuss it with your dr...but they encourage working out during pregnancy. I do the tredmill for the most part anda little bike. The stairclimber makes me way too tired when it was my favorite before though. I heard swimming is really good but my gym doesn't have a pool :(
  • I loved loved loved to work out intensely before I was pregant. I would mostly run, do interval training with weights, aerobics classes and spin classes. I continued doing all my exercise and had a m/c in Sept. I got pregnant again and this time, I stopped exercising altogether except for walking. I'm 11 weeks today and have increased my exercise to doing light weights, interval training at MUCH lower intensity than before. Definately check with your doctor. Swimming is also a FANTASTIC way to get some great cardio with no impact.