just a little advice for military families...

NEVER live on post. It is the worst thing in the world. Housing is SO rude, and just screws you out of your money. My husband and I moved out in APRIL...its now AUGUST and they call me to try and tell them I owe them $400 dollars?! well all I can say is, GO TO HELL. Its not my fault you lost my receipts, AGAIN. I SOO regret living in those old, outdated houses, that arn't worth all the BAH. UGH. I'm not sure if all bases are like that, but If you're stationed at FT. Stewart, do not live on post, when you try and move out they SCREW you over, charging for all these "damages" when the 70 year old houses arn't worth shit. And when I moved in, it looked like it did when I moved out. Rant over. I swear these people stress me out, and are going to put me in labor.

Comments

• I refused to like in housing when I moved to be with my husband! We ended up buying a house. So glad, I hear so many rumors about housing...nosey neighbors, cheating wives, flithiness!
  • Yep we got screwed like that at ft benning. They still trying to get $800 from us and I refuse to pay them. When we got to ft sam I refused to move in housing. We bought a house instead.
  • Fort riley housing is just as bad. Housing refuses to do anything they tell u to call the mps. The mps tell u to call housing. Vehicles get damaged because people refuse to watch their kids. Anytime u try to get housing to take care of a problem and they tell u if u dont like it move. We'll never live onbase again. Sidenote in my opinion I think to work for housing u should be required to live in it that way u know what happens there and it affects ur quality of life, theyd take stuff more serious if they had to live in it
  • Ha! Here on schofield they tale$ 2015 bah for houses infested with roaches n yes nosey neighbors plus biggest hoes ever! I have a slut down the street that has slept with two different husbands plus a wife that we know about and her own husband just let's her! Hell no! Im half tempted to report het! Y should I have to deal with her what if she comes after my man next!
  • edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.