I need the opinion of my pregly momma's

edited August 2011 in Baby showers
im suppose to be having a baby shower on the 20th of this month, i never had one before and i wanted to know if my menu was too small or good enough for this out door occasion we will be having Jerk chicken, bbq chicken, rice and peas, hot dogs, hamburger, seafood salad, and meatballs...... I didnt want to do too much but then since this is my first baby shower i dont know what people expect ... Thanks momma's

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sounds good to me !!
  • That sounds good! I suggest throwing in an app or fruit salad
  • @mshahir chips sound good especially since there will be alot of kiddies
    @Fashion_Junky91 thanks lol
    @alilboulding an app sounds good maybe some veggies and dip?
  • Sounds soo yummy! Fruit kabobs are cool for kiddos :)
  • Dang girl!!! Those ppl coming bettbe bringing some da** good gifts! ! Lmbo that A lot of Good food there!!! How many on ppl ur guest list ?? Lol hmm jmo, but I think u got a lot of meat on ur menu!
  • @Jaimie77 im loving that idea
  • Umm fruit kabobs!! Yummo! Service d me an invite!
  • @mommyof3tobe thats whats i though but with all the island people that were gonna be there i thought i didnt have enough i think i might trim down to 2 meats only and try adding fruits and veggies into the menu cover it instead im expecting about 20-25 people not to mention who thinks their coming uninvited lol
  • yeah the fruit kabobs are a very good idea i think im gonna add that
  • Sounds wonderful! :ar!
  • @blueberrysmom thankyou by the time these pregly mommas are finished helping me im gonna be a good party planner
  • Your menu sounds good but I would keep your meats for one u have a lot of people coming and u got kiddies coming to hot dogs and hamburgers are good for that I wild throw in the fruit kabobs and chips and a veggie dip to complete it and u should he good
  • aalso some MAC n cheese
  • I would also just do 1 or 2meats. Add the fruit & don't forget the cake or cupcakes!
  • Candy buffet! :ar!
  • @vayanna i just got my best friend to do the mac and cheese for me your mind was the same place mines was. @Rodeoqueen13 the cake is a must i just didnt add it on the menu lol because i was confused about the main food. ummm cake
    @blueberrysmom i would do a candy buffet but because i dont know how the weather is gonna be and im having it at a park it will be kinda hard to keep the candy from melting
  • O yes ain't nothing like some good homemade MAC n cheese o now um going to go make some
  • lol i want some too dang
  • Yeah. That makes sense. Lol!
  • I was some mac n cheese too. Lol
    Ok so...ur guest list is @about 30 ppl. What I always do and expect from a shower is tht about 1/2 the ppl will show from the number of invites sent out. I may me wrong but its pretty much always work for me. Soo if I wanted like 30-40 ppl to show I'd send out atleast 40-50 invites. Imj and jmo. But u may have a guest list of ppl that u know are gonna show up! So I was just saying ...:-)
  • I have nothing to add sounds like you are more than covered! Have a great time at your baby shower. And all you stinking preglys just made me sooo flippin hungry its not even funny and dinner is not even close :(
  • Since I'm not having a party/shower anymore let me tell u what my menu was gonna be...LOL. I have nothing better to do. Ok so I was gonna have hamburgers hotdogs Italian and Polish sausage(like 1/2 n 1/2 in quantity) for the sausage, fruit salad, greenbeans n potatoes baked beans and maybe pasta salad(if I got someone to make) and of course cake. ;-)... dang I'm greedy! Lol
    Your jerk sounds delish!!! U should definitely keep that on menu. Jerk is spicy though isn't it? Well u said u have a lot of islanders coming so I'm sure you guys are used to spicy food right? I just dont like a lot of spice. But I do like curry!! Lol
  • @mommyof3tobe i mad you not having your shower anymore because that menu sounds delish to me lol. Jerk is a spicy dish but it can be made mild or spicy depending on the person... my guest list is only about 20 people but you know how hood people do. sorry @socalMOMMA2boys im hungry too after talking about all this food
    :-((
  • Omg...can I come, lol? That menu sounds amazing!!
  • @RhiRiot all and any of my pregly mommas are welcome to come B-)
  • Where is it at then I'm on my way LOL!!!
  • Oh didn't know it could ne made un spicy!! Carribean restaurants round here only sell spicy. I guess if u making it urself u can do what u want!
  • Send me a plane ticket! ! Lollol
  • They probably wouldn't let my big but get on a plane! Lol