anyone else have lupus while pregnant?

edited August 2011 in Health
I was just wondering if anyone else has lupus while they are pregnant, and if so how is it acting? I'm 22 and found out I had it when I was 16. My first pregnancy it pretty much disappeared, this one Ive been more sick.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Someone has it on pregly. Idr her name maybe u shud search for the post. My mom has lupus. Her sis had it when they were younger and died. But my mom didnt get it untill she had her two kids. I do kno lupus mimics other illness and appears and go away. But maybe this pregnancy is triggering it. What are your dr saying?

I do wish you the best and keep ur head up on those down days. Lupus can take alot of you. Congrats on ur bundle of joy hun.
  • It's lupus. Ive had it for a couple of years now. It just kind of goes away while I'm pregnant, then hits real hard after baby. I was just curious as to how it affected other people..... thanks this will be our 2 boY :-)
  • Awww how good..... Her name is @msdelrae && @garagebandfan the post was lupus? ( thats how it is not a question lol ) & garagebandfan jus recently had her baby they shared their stories which are touchin

I hope this helps ;)
  • Thanks ladies! I don't really know hoe to work this app lol
  • I know I really stalked the lupus post for her lol but yes it.was a old post where I saw u comment on too and everyone was worried about her but someone update she had the baby the post was called anyone know about garagebandfan

And jus press search on the bottom type in lupus and it all comes up
  • I don't have Lupus, but I tested positive a an "anti nuclear antibody" during my 1st blood draw. I am scared to see what happens after I deliver, because I heard that pregnancy can trigger it , not show too many sypmtoms while your carrying the baby but then hit hard after delivery.......I don't really know much about but thought I would give my 2 cents.....It's such a @mysterious thing to have.
  • I have lupus and I had my daughter 2 months ago! I was put in bed rest at 20 weeks do to high bp and a lupus flare. Being pregnant actually made me feel 100× better. My joints and kidneys did not hurt at all. I lived being pregnant but I was so scared and worried through the entire thing. I was told I would have my daughter any were from 22-32 weeks because preclampsia usually sets in. Well I had my daughter at 38 weeks, I was induced and only dialated to a 4 and 75% effaced in 24hrs of labor. So I had her via c section!! A healthy 7lbs baby girl!! Don't stress too much and rest as much as you can. Drink tons of water and enjoy your pregnancy! If u have any questions please fill free to ask me!!!
  • I don't what that @ was for.....smh....stupid phone......
  • What kind of lupus do you have??? I have lupus nephritis the type that affects my kidneys. I fou d out u had in when I was 17 and im 22 now! If I don't respond tonight i'll respond first thing tomorrow!!
  • Ugh I need to read her page darn post have me confused ! @firsttimemommytobe lol
  • Oh I see now on the post saw icu and thought nicu but she didnt have the baby but shes stayin in the hosp. I like her she doesnt really post much no more I hope shes well... @firsttimemommytobe
  • I have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE). Its like the worst one. It affects EVERYTHING! it sucks but I deal with it. That was the same with me.I did get put on bedrest, but not for anything major. I felt so much better when I was pregnant with my son. I had him at 37 and a half weeks. But my labor was so easy! Labor for less than 8 hours and pushed less than 10 minutes lol. He was 7lbs 10oz. Thanks! It's interesting to hear how others do with the same illness.