baby shower......needing all the help I can get

edited August 2011 in Baby showers
Ok I'm a ftm and I've never been to a baby shower either. So if all you ladies can give me a general idea of what I should be planning for....how far along we're you when you had yours? Would 20 weeks be too early? Where did you have yours at? What was your theme? Any advice is most appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• You should plan it around 30 weeks. My theme was mardi gras. I had it in a community center.
  • I had a luau at 33 weeks...at my house...I had one in a church too...no theme just blue cause I was having a boy...
  • I registered around 20 weeks, then I had my shower at 32 weeks. My mom, grandmom, and friend threw mine. I had mine at a country club. My theme was the same kinda theme that my baby girl's nursery is...which is cherry blossoms and little birds, pink, brown, white, and light green. For favors there were little baby birds nest with candy eggs inside, there was a brunch buffet, two games (diaper game, and baby food game), cake, opening presents. There's tons of different things you can do depending on your budget.
  • In my family everyone just comes over and brings gifts we have snacks and drinks really relaxed. Maybe a few games. My mom is hosting mine and ill be 38 weeks which is really late lol
  • Mine will be at 32 weeks. Coed, outside under a tent, theme is zebra with splashes of blue. Candy buffet. Catered. About 60 people.
  • My sister held mine for me at her house... it was a "turtle party" (my nursery theme) she had baby pictures of me and my husband everywhere and blue boy decorations with turtles everywhere. Party favors were turtle gingerbread cookies she had made. Food was little sandwiches and potatoe/pasta salads Cupcakes for dessert.... only close family on both sides were invited and it was at 35 weeks. Simple and fabulous :)
  • I registered around 28weeks & had my baby shower at 34weeks. My theme was jungle/safari, cuz I'm having a boy. We had mine at La Madeleine, there's a room that u can rent out there, its really nice ;) we had about 40ppl at mine, not everyone could make it. & we had 2 games, we had chicken salad sandwiches, pasta, nachos, lime sherbet punch, raspberry tea, & cake ;) it was so much fun. Good luck with yours
  • ive not had one yet,but my sister is throwing it for me aug 20th and i will be 36 weeks then. im having a girl and no certain theme just pink its a girl decorations.
  • Also, I used e-vites and registered on Amazon.com. I just put the link in the evite. Folks have already started buying stuff. Hooooooray! :ar!
  • Mine will be at 33w then at 36w.
  • I'm having mine @31 weeks...theme is diapers since my invitations were diaper shapes...colors pink and green....I'm having mine @ the ymca....and I think 20 is a lil early u should get your registry together then or start planning your babyshower...u should try and have it around your 8th month...
  • I had mine at 33 weeks it was coed at my house. I made the invites from new born diapers with animals on them so my theme was animals, don't know what I'm having, registered at babies r us and invited 80 people 60 showed. Food was appetizers and dips with also a main entrees. Didn't play games since it was co rd but played music had beer, sangria, and non alcoholic punch had fun. I say just do something u would like ; )
  • Thanks ladies. Do you know of any good websites to buy party favors/decorations from??
  • 20 weeks is a little too early. I had my shower at 31 weeks and am having a second one at 35 weeks, which I think is a little too late. It was held at a banquet hall and was decorated to match the baby's nursery. It was pink and lavender with butterflies. We had a buffet with ribs, chicken tenders, potato skins, spinach dip, veggies and dip, cheese and crackers, and fruit. We had petit fours for dessert and had a candy buffet for the favors. My mom decorated with fresh flower arrangements and balloons and a diaper cake.
  • I had my shower at 36 wks lol I was ugh have it around 30 weeks lol