Glucose test

edited August 2011 in Plus Sized Mama's
My doctor wants me to do another glucose test at my next appointment, this will be my 3rd test. I know I'm a plus size momma, but the last 2 where perfect and no one in my family has problems with diabetes, my baby is right on, on his size. I don't get why she keeps testing me. Anyone else getting tons of test?

Comments

• Are you gaining a lot of weight? I can't imagine why she'd keep doing them for no reason.
  • So far I've only had one-probably find oit the results next week but they take so much more blood than I remember that I'm convinced they're trying to clone human robots lol
  • She said, just to be safe lets do another, @island_mommie2b I had one at 9 weeks, 23 weeks and will have one at 32 weeks
  • I'm only up 2 pounds @laura536 since I have been doing my best to eat right and at least do some walking
  • Yeah, that's nuts then. She shouldn't be testing you so much.
  • I just look at my last results and it was 128 with drinking 50 and passing is under 180, so I did really well. I don't wanna do it again lol
  • I did the one hour at 12 weeks she said one of my levels was a little high and wanted me to do the three hour so I did that one at about 17 weeks and i guess one of my levels were still just a little high. At my last appointment she said she wants me to do the three hour again. :-(( Can't they just leave us alone!
  • @vlcmchk13 yes they need to leave us alone. Dang two 3 hour test is crazy. They should be able to tell if something was wrong with the first two. And my leaves where fine, I think my doctor has to meet a quota or something
  • no..i havent even taken one. ive been lazy.. and i know im not dievetic
  • edited August 2011
    @mschop I really don't want to do it again, the whole fasting thing totally sucks! You would think 2 tests would be enough. I haven't had any problems or anything so I don't know why another is needed. I think your right about the quota haha.
  • Just to be safe? Wtf? Ha not me. Once I pass the first I'm definitely not taking another one. I only had my finger pricked. Not no actual blood drawn.
  • At lest I don't have to fast, @vlcmchk13 I would go crazy if I had to do that.
    @valentinasmommy really why can't she's just do a finger stick if she think my sugar is high. I have it set it up so I will drink the stuff, go to my appointment and then go get my blood drawn
  • I have no clue.
  • @mschop I'm in the same boat. I got my first test a few months ago, failed by only 3 points, had to take the 3 hour one and passed. Last week I took the one hour again and got word I failed it big time. I don't know how as the dr had already restricted me from anything "bad" (and I've been following it!!) I don't know how I can cut out anymore. So frustrated right now!!!