im gaining weight does that mean baby is too?

edited August 2011 in September 2011
Since I last seen doc I weighed 108.5.. I went in today and now weigh 109.5 lbs. My last ultr sound baby weighes 3.5 lbs at 33 weeks. Does this mean shes finally 4 lbs. I really want to take her home right away when shes.born.

Comments

• yea she may be! Why do you think you wont be able to take her home right away?
  • Shes probly gained weight.. Water retention as well ... Good..
  • Yes and no, lol. It could be all baby, but it's more likely some you and some baby. And just because baby weighs 4 lbs, it doesn't mean she'll come home right away. There's still a lot of other factors. My friend had an 8 lb baby a few days after her due date that spent 2 weeks in the NICU because her lungs were under developed.
  • @lily_glz If she isnt 5 lbs or over, She has to stay in a NICU until she gains the approiate weight. I dont know why its like that but everyone keeps telling me she may have to stay. So I've been really trying to get her to grow. 6 more weeks or less to go!!!

@laura536 I am pretty much all baby. I still have my slim figure just a small baby belly, everyone gets shocked when i say im due next month! lol
  • Lol, I was little last time too and my baby weighed 7 lbs 6 oz. So you probably don't have anything to worry about. They really gain the last 4 weeks or so.
  • @laura536 well thats good news :) I have a feeling she may come early.. but im hoping at least 2 weeks early.
  • I have lost a pound in the last 2 weeks, and I'm only up 2 pounds total and at my ultrasound last week baby was 2.5 pounds. So you don't have to gain wight for the baby to get bigger
  • That's weird.. but I wouldn't worry! I'm sure she'll weigh enough for you to come home :)
  • My dr. Said a baby is like a parasite. It takes what it needs and you get the rest.
  • U still have time! She'll really start gaining at about 36 weeks until u have her! Ur tiny...keep eating! ;)
  • Maybke drink some protien shakes?
  • You guys are making me feel excited!! Yay more faith