worst pain in my ribs :/ anyone??

edited August 2011 in Third Trimester
I am having these pains on my right side up by my ribs .. everyone says it's just baby up there, but oh my does it hurt .. earlier I was coughing and it hurt so bad it brought me to tears. Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• The baby may have his foot wedged in between 2 ribs. They like to do that. Or the baby could kick them so much that one of your ribs is bruised?
  • Mine is exactly the same! Same side too, i keep worrying its gal stones or something but baby is kicking there and only slight relief is if i stand up. Been on and off bad for last couple of weeks :(
  • Yep I've got this! It's horrible! :-(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mines use to kick his feet into my ribs all the time and leave it there! Maybe you can try moving around or massaging your belly so he switch position?
  • edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am going thru the same pain on my right side. I talked to my midwife about it today and she says she believes it's bruising from the baby kicking and moving against it. She said the uterus is a muscle and a muscle can bruise. I agree with you about the pain, it's intense! I think it's the sorest I've been the whole pregnancy. Hopefully it goes away :/ she didn't tell me how to alleviate the pain though.