Is there certain positions that we should be doing to cause labor?

edited August 2011 in Just for Fun
Last night, I had a BUNCH of irregular contractions (btw, do those help you dilate/efface at all?). They started to die out & I started freaking out! Lol, so my fianceé & I did the baby dance. Boy, did they get stronger! But, they were still irregular. :-< Today, my vag has a cold. The rest of my plug is apparently coming out & I've been having very light, irregular contractions still. So, we're gonna do the baby dance again tonight, not only to encourage this baby to come out, but it helps take my attention off of the Cholestasis & all the dang itching too! My question is- is there certain positions that we should be doing or something? :/ Any help is appriciated!

Comments

• hey sweetie. i will bump this. but as far as i know- no. but...hey, there are many things that even in my third pregnancy i dont know...like did you know our areolas get darker and bigger so that our babies can actually SEE the "bullseye" for them to go after to eat?!..... :D anyway.... bump
  • I read if you orgasm is helps..so I assume try the position that gets your big O ;)
  • @survivormommie3 LMAO! Now I'm not going to be able to keep myself from yelling bullseye when my daughter latches on :)) I didn't realize my areolas got bigger/darker until my fiancee' mentioned it & I looked it up. Lol.
    @Jaime77 That's what I've heard, too. Something to do with causing your uterus to contract & the horomones in sperm causes the cervix to efface. In that case, we can just keep doing what we're doing. Lol.
  • I'm with you on the itching.. ur can't sleep. And to top it all off I hate doing the baby dance its so not comphy any more. My cervix is still long hard and closed at 39+2. If you get any good tips let me know. =)
  • lmao... now I am going to be thinking "bullseye" when i nurse her,lol!!! that is if she EVER gets here :-W man hubby and i attempted to baby dance last night and good gravy... he doesn't understand that me laying down already makes it hard to breath with asthma and my lungs being crushed by all of the expanding uterus in there. so he gets up top right (tmi alert :D ) so it pushes on my belly (du...this thing is bigger than a freakin beach ball!!) and then he wants to lean down and kiss me too?!?!? i think not....i can't breath as it is- and he doesn't understand why?! ugh...... sorry- all of that was meant to say... sex is totally a chore at this point
  • Doggie style put me into labor with my 1st... doggie style is also wat got me in the pregnant situation 3 times in a row to begin with (lol sorry if tmi) I do know that if ur dialated sperm can disrupt ur bag of water... good luck :)
  • @newmommy817 Wow, really? My cervix opened at 34 weeks & by 35 I was already a centimeter, but then I stopped. :( I'll let ya know if I come across anything interesting.
    @suvivormommie3 Lmao, thankfully my fianceé doesn't like being on top, but I feel ya on the kissing thing. My fianceé wants to have a full blown make out session, and I get to the point where I feel like I'm turning blue, so I'll push him away & gasp for breath. Lol. The ONLY position that works now is doggy (TMI :-D ) But, he'll stand up and I'll get on the edge of the bed. It's not uncomfortable at all, and I can breathe the entire time! :)
  • @breewashington08 Lol, doggy is all we do & it definately causes some pretty intense contractions about 45 minutes later
  • I personally think sex helps dilate you because at the end of my pregnancy I was having sex once a night.. but it prbably realy doesn't ha it was just my wishful thinking. Ii had rough doggy style and my water broke later that night. But it was rough ha
  • @minirip I don't think sex alone helps, but there's a horomone in sperm that is proven to help you dilate/efface. ;)
  • I have to try that! Im done being prego!!
  • @minirip ill have to try that. =)
  • breathing is essential, am i right?! lol... i hear ya. i dont know why but doggy style has NEVER worked for hubby and i.
  • @anadoll92 Are you dilated any?
    @survivormommie3 Yes, yes breathing is definately an essential. Lol. Doggy style works comfort/breathing wise, but it makes him..well, you know :) .. really fast. Lol.
    @August22baby That sucks! :( Having an orgasam in general should help your uterus contract some & I would think that would help you dilate :/ I don't know.. this stuff gets confusing! Lol
  • No zero! I will be 38 wks tuesday
  • @anadoll92 Damn. That's gotta suck.
  • Rough doggie style for me is what broke my water. We broke the bed it was the rough lol tmi good luck to you. Labor dust to you! %%-
  • Ima be real rough!!! >:D lol